Regular Contributor

Re: $356.00 for sterling diamonque necklace?

Wow I haven't tried any of Michael's jewelry. Thanks for the heads up though! BTW love your quote about smiling! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Just another high-end designer bringing their "especially made for QVC" designs.  This says to me that their so-called high end designs are not bringing in $$$ in the high-end stores. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Scott Kay's jewelry is always very expensive but I imagine the quality is dumbed down for QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@italia8140 wrote:

His prices are just as RIDICULOUS  as Bixby's and Rip-off's prices.

I use the name Rip-off also ! It' so appropriate ! Sterling jewelry and Diamonique at her prices, tsk! tsk! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I just recycled my years of jewelry buying and rearranged everything into some smaller jewelry boxes.

I have been thrilled at some of the finds I may NEVER have worn.

I'm getting a huge kick out of shopping in "violann's Oldies AND Goodies Boutique", BUT- there is also a HUGE downside.

Last night DH and I went out to dinner and I wore a really beautiful heavy .925/turquoise heart shaped set of earrings, ring and pendant. DH LOOKED ACROSS THE TABLE and ACCUSED me of wearing NEW JEWELRY.

I quickly helped him revise his error. Anyway, my old, plainish, simple' silver heavy, classic pieces collected 25-30 years ago are working for me just fine!

Honored Contributor

Holy cow - I thought the same thing about this necklace - I beleive it's the gemstone heart one you gals are chatting about.  The diamonique for an exorbinate amount and the garnet one which is the one I was interested in totally freaked me out with that price!!!!

Scott Kay is kidding right??!!  He's as bad as JR stuff.

Super Contributor

I too can't justify that amount of money for Silver and DMQ.  Honesly silver is silver not gold and DMQ is CZ not diamonds or gemstones.

At this price point you are paying for the name only.  They believe their name is worth paying a higher price.

Respected Contributor

...and that is why I don't watch many QVC jewelry programs.  I love jewelry as much as anyone but I would never in billion years pay $300 to $400 for silver and cubic zirconia.  I don't care whose name is stamped on it.  Not to say that even know who Scott Kay is....lol  I don't care.  QVC builds up a "cult" around certain jewelry vendors knowing that if women think something is exclusive, they'll pay ridiculously high prices for stuff that is just shopping channel jewelry.  Not that there's anything wrong with the jewelry, I how tons of it.  I just won't over pay.   

Honored Contributor

Crystatree, I could not have said it better.  You are right on with your comment.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like a lot of Scott Kay's pieces but I do think the prices are quite high.  The only piece I find that is reasonable is a silver bangle but if you add Diamonique to it, I believe it's just over $300 which is totally ridiculous.  I still have not purchased any thing, hoping that some of these pieces will be reduced.

kindness is strength