Esteemed Contributor

Re: what do you think of this living room?

I'm not really feeling this one at all.  I don't care for the style of the sofas and, has been mentioned, I'd prefer one sofa and 2 or 3 side chairs.  It's also bland, colorwise, for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It looks like they went to a huge furniture store, bought everything to match in one fell swoop and went to lunch. 

Honored Contributor

Besides wanting the couches to face the fireplace, I also think the room is too bland, too many pillows on the couches, and I don't care for the artwork or the chandelier! This room could be very nice, but it needs warming up  a bit in my opinion with a little color as well....

Honored Contributor

So much sofa... So much greige... So not for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Too much going on.  As other posters have said, take out one sofa, move the other to face the fireplace and add some comfy chairs.  Get rid of the lamps hiding the artwork and put them somewhere else.  Never did like a mirror over the fireplace.  I do like the colors and the ceiling is pretty.

Honored Contributor

It looks nice & elegant, but it's not my style. Too many neutrals, too much grey, & too many pillows for me. Id like it better with some color. I'm not loving the sofa style either. 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I like that this room isn't cluttered.  Also, the furishings & placement of them are nice.  I like it all except drapes (that I don't usually like), chandelier & lack of color.  I think the area rug would be nice to change it to a complimentary soft color.  Also, remove some of the pillows.  Thanks for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

I think it needs a pop of color.  Either with the pillows or drapes.  

Honored Contributor

I like the style of the sofas but the pillows need to go.  ONe pillow on each sofa is enough.  There is no much leg room between sofa and table.  I don't like the pictures on each side of the fireplace.  Seems that the owner loves everything in twos.

kindness is strength