Respected Contributor

if anyone is looking to buy a vacuum qvc is running a good deal now.alot of there vacuums great prices and on easy pay and free shipping.i ordered a shark apex duo clean powered lift away upright.

Esteemed Contributor

Check around. Vacuums are always on sale at retailers during the month of February.

Many home furnishings and appliances will be on sale soon- Presidents' Day weekend.

Super Contributor

Good luck with that vacuum! I had it, or one like it, with that self cleaning fearure. It still gets hair wrapped around the brush and hair gets trapped in other places. Those strips of yellow, that helps prevent hair getting stuck, prevents the brushes from boaring down into your carpet for a deep cleaning. It's like the brushes only skim over the top of the carpet.  See reviews and pictures for item V36600. I returned mine.

Frequent Contributor

I have that vaccum, too.  I think if it was a car, it would not have power steering.  Find it very clumsy to manuver and turn.  When you use the lift away feature, it's very heavy to use.  Just very tiresome for your hands/wrists.   The suction is good, though.  I'll keep it until something better comes along.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Shark Rocket 3 years ago from QVC.  I love that vacuum.  I wanted it for baseboards, tight spaces and yet I find myself using it all the time.  Suction is excellent as long as you clean your filter.  I also own an Oreck that I have had over 6 years.  It's excellent but cannot clean baseboards, etc.  If I had to replace the Oreck, I would go with a Shark.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

hi tangocash. i welcome you to qvc blog. i see you recently joined. i have allways said whenever i see any vacuum maker claim the brushes are tangle proof its got to be not true and you just confirmed what i have been saying .and i have a question for you. tangocash how did you get that name? i thought right off the movie tango and cash. with kurt russel and sylvester stallone?

@Tangocash wrote:

Good luck with that vacuum! I had it, or one like it, with that self cleaning fearure. It still gets hair wrapped around the brush and hair gets trapped in other places. Those strips of yellow, that helps prevent hair getting stuck, prevents the brushes from boaring down into your carpet for a deep cleaning. It's like the brushes only skim over the top of the carpet.  See reviews and pictures for item V36600. I returned mine.

Respected Contributor

we have a shark rocket from 5 years ago.with we both love. we want to put the rocket down stairs where my wife has a daycare and new vacuum for upstairs.

Honored Contributor

@Tangocash wrote:

The Apex Duo self-cleaning brush roll vacs mainly have that problem. I have the one that has just single self-cleaning brush roll (no soft red roll) and I have never had it get hair wrap or stuff getting stuck anywhere else. Mine is the Zero-M ZU-560. The yellow strips on the brush roll act like squeegees and help sweep stuff into the head and keeps debris from scattering. Those yellow strips (they are soft and flexible) do not in any way affect the efficiency of the bristle parts of the roller and may in fact enhance them. You never turn the brush roll off, even on hard floors. Keeping the brush roll on all of the time is the right thing to do and it keeps clogs from forming by the continuous sweeping motion. The suction is off the charts...more than any other Shark I have ever owned. 

Super Contributor

My name, Tangocash, did indeed come from the movie. I have 2 cats, and my BF came up with their names, Tango and Cash, 9 years ago wtango cash.jpghen we first adopted them.

Super Contributor

I have been super happy with my Shark from QVC that I bought several years ago. Used to replace vacuums every year but not anymore... and this one still works great. I do have to cut my hair off the roller brush on a regular basis but I am used to doing it. I thought about the $199 TS this past weekend on the newer model that claims not to hold on to the hair, but after reading this thread, think I will wait until I really need a new one.