Honored Contributor

I bought a "sample" of some tile, online, that  I was interested in for a bathroom floor---paid $5 for the sample plus $5 shipping  and tax $  to get it------was a tiny 2 x2 inch piece!!  What a huge rip off !!! I can see the colors and part of the pattern and can barely feel the surface but not much help otherwise-----not much help but good lesson learned. Dumb me !!!!

Respected Contributor

That is pricey for just one sample...they should at least included 2 for that price and shipping. Are you able to return? 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl.   I think I'd contact the company by email (look for "contact us") and tell them you feel ripped off and will be buying tile but not from them.  They clearly took advantage of you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That probably is sample size.  Are there no good local flooring stores?  You can take home the full size tile.

Honored Contributor

gc--yes there are lots of tile places around me--and really---it's going to be months before I even get to worry about the hard surfaces---but saw this pattern and it was what I wanted so I jumped on a sample---prob normal size for samples too----just alot of $$ for one piece---won't do that again!

Respected Contributor

You did get ripped off.  If it is a reputatable company I would contact them, it not let it go as a learning lesson to not buy from them.

I have gotten tile, HW floor, etc samples that were PLENTLY large and most sent free.

Honored Contributor

It's gotten to be largely a rip off kind of world... I agree, that's not fair. Before, contacting them, though, I'd make sure the size of the sample was not disclosed somewhere... Even if it was, it's still lousy, but if it was disclosed, they're just going to point that out. Either way, if I did contact them, I'd make sure they know they're out of the running as a tile supplier for my floor...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...