Honored Contributor

Re: "RUB'N BUFF" CAN EASILY TRANSFORM DECOR

Not to burst your bubble. I remember buying this in the past and it had warnings on it. I think maybe a lead thing-can't remember. I wouldn't put it on my finger-always use a brush and wear a mask. Things change and that was years ago-probably cleaned it up by now. I would think!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline, thanks,  they don't list lead as being an ingredient on mine.  But, good point, I so agree, that precautions should be taken, whenever working with art supplies, chemicals etc.  That's why I mentioned a gloved finger.  

The directions mention the flammability (is that a word?),  and the fact that you should wash hands immediately after using.  But, although I've touched it, I don't think I would ever use anything like this without a glove, despite youtubers doing so. 

Respected Contributor

@OznellWould you post a picture of your finished flower bucket? I'd like to see it.

Back in the 70's when I was doing all kinds of crafts, I used

Rub'N Buff. I haven't thought about it in years. I'm glad that it is still being made.

Maybe I'll think of a project to use it on. It is great stuff and so easy to use.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry, @Enufstuff --  I don't have the ability to take my own pictures and post them here.   Maybe at some point!

Perhaps some of the people here who have used it or will use it, will post some of their "afters"--  I'd love to see them too.

You're right, the ease of use with Rub'N Buff is so great.  That's what surprised me, since I'm not a very craft-y person.  And that it works on so many surfaces.  I was amazed to see online that people have even used it for hardware, hinges etc, that take quite a beating....

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Nothing to be sorry about. I take the pictures with my camera, but I need my son's assistance to post them online.

So many crafts are very simple and easy to do, once you try them. I think that a lot of people assume that crafting is complicated and are too intimidated to try. Some people also say that they don't have the patience.