Respected Contributor

well over a month we started seeing mice. and bought all kinds of traps poisons you name it. we caught a couple but last couple weeks we see them but nothing is catching it or them.last night one came right up to my wifes recliner and totally freaked her out so we have an exterminator coming tomorrow. and last night i went in kitchen and we can see livingroom and saw it on her recliner and then on my couch. it was totally nasty. thank god exterminator is coming tomorrow. hope everything goes well when he come tomorrow. never had an issue like this. wish us luck. 

Honored Contributor

Pooky, you did the right thing calling an exterminator, that is the best route to take, trust me!! good luck !!

Honored Contributor

I had a mouse I couldn't get rid of a year or two ago.  I called an exterminator and they were able to get rid of it.  I'll never try to get rid of them again on my own.  The good thing is that the poison that they put around the house in plastic containers lasts about five years.  It might not last quite as long if you had a lot of mice though.  They also found a tiny hole where the mouse was getting in and patched it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

EWWWWW!!!   I hate mice!  I have recently had them in my attic and my garage.   They started chewing on cardboard boxes and wrapping paper.  I'm buying more plastic storage bins and putting everything into them.  Stocked up on the D-Con and I think they are dead in the attic now.  It smells like a dead animal but I can't find any evidence.   

Thankfully, we haven't seen any inside the house! 

Good luck, pooky1.

Honored Contributor

Good luck @Pooky1.  I'm sure the professionals will take care of it.

Trusted Contributor

@lavenderfields  I've always heard D-Con works very well.  I guess it's similar to the bait stations the pest control companies use.  

Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1  I am absolutely petrified of rodents.  It's good you hired profesionals.  I have a pest control company come bi-monthly.  They have bait stations around the outside of my house.  Some months the bait stations are completely empty!  They tell me their goal is to prevent the rodents from entering the house.    

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1...back your bags and go to a hotel....I'd be freaking out, and if my husband did not want to go, I'd go alone.  I despise mice.

Respected Contributor

We had some mice last spring, for the first time in forever.  I found one smashed down flat on the top step.  Pretty sure my husband stepped on it.  I picked it up with a garden trowel, and it was all bloody underneath.  Poor thing, I hope he went fast.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

We had mice in our attic and basement about 2 years ago.  We caught the basement mice with traps but we could still hear them in the attic especially at night.  I could hardly sleep listening to them up there.  Of course my husband slept through it.  🙄. I ended up calling a pest control company. In addition to placing poison traps in the attic, he also plugged all outside entryways and set up enclosed outdoor bait stations that adhere to the outside of the house.  Thank goodness we haven’t had any mice since.  I highly recommend calling in the professionals.