Esteemed Contributor

Is there such a thing as a mattress pad that does not get hot? I have been sleeping in extra bedroom, on newer, hard bed. Got a mattress pad that said it did not get hot. Well, it does too or I wouldnt' be asking ya'll at 3:46 am Smiley Happy

I know I got this one at wal mart, probably not the best place. It is comfortable, just gets warmer as the night goes on till I only have the sheet on me. 

tia

Honored Contributor

We  bought a topper from Sam's club by Serta for the RV.  Love it so much we bought one for the house too....not hot and will make living with your hard mattress a forgotten memory.

Trusted Contributor

phoenixbrd which one did you buy. I've seen those at Sam's club but I  was reluctant to buy. I've been struggling for years trying to make our Sleep number bed work for me. Some mornings I wake up in excruciating pain. No matter what number it's on to me it's like sleeping on a table. I've tried foam pads, memory foam, layers of batting nonething works. Hubby loves it. He willing to go buy a twin mattress, but I  haven't given up yet.

Contributor
Lucid toppers.
Esteemed Contributor

I purchased a quilted mattress cover/pad for HSN and it does not get hot. Works great with our Sleep Number bed. They have a Kathy Ireland mattress pad that I liked and is a true mattress pad. The price is budget friendly and it has good reviews. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since I spend my life getting cold, I would love to find one that retains heat.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out lamb's wool mattress pads.

Honored Contributor

I've been using my LUCID 2" gel infused ventilated memory foam mattress topper (from amazon) for the past six months, and have not found it to be hot.  I'm someone who would notice.

Unfortunately, I see the 2" is not currently not available, but the brand has other styles.

Good luck, @happycat 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I got one from Wal Mart that retains heat. I start out with the sheet and 2 light weight blankets, by morning I am down to the sheet and sweating. I don't remember the name of the company, but it was around 60 bucks for a queen, and it is bright blue. It will keep you nice and toasty.

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2   

We are very happy with this purchase and it has 5 star reviews.  It comes with a quilted topper that fits over the memory foam.  (We had purchased another at a Costco and had to return it....warm and felt like we had to climb out of it.)  Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!   I went to SC website and here is the description:

The Serta 4" Pillow-Top and Memory Foam Mattress Topper turns your mattress into a luxurious sleeping surface with a soft pillow-top and cradling memory foam. The 3-inch layer of memory foam gently supports you while alleviating painful pressure points that can cause tossing and turning. The memory foam layer is topped with one inch of plush pillow-top adding comfort. The included quilted cover secures and protects the topper, is removable, machine washable and stretches to fit up to a 17-inch mattress. This Serta mattress topper is the perfect way to upgrade a new mattress or extend the life of an old one.

Specifications
  • 4-inch construction: 3 inches of memory foam + 1 inch of soft fiber pillow-top
  • Promotes proper spinal alignment
  • Washable quilted cover included, which stretches to fit up to a 17-inch mattress
  • Non-slip cover secures topper to mattress and protects it
  • Extends the life of your mattress
  • Foam made in the USA