Honored Contributor

Re: 🚪 🚪 🚪 in Bloom

These are all so lovely @lolakimono. Would love to see one with a softer pink door and a beautiful Pink Dogwood.

Respected Contributor

This may sound like a dumb question but when you paint your door a bright color do you leave it the same color as it was on the inside of your house.  Say your door is white or brown do you still keep it that color?    Doesn't it look funny to have a door two different colors on each side?  

I've always liked the look of front doors painted a pretty shade of red or blue but I don't know if my house could pull off that look.  So for now, we just have the same brown door that came with the house.  We also have a storm door with a screen that moves up and down depending on the season.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the yellow door and roses best! Beautiful! 

I don't match flowers with our front door. Our front door is brown with a rectangular piece of beautiful leaded glass in the center. 

We have 2 azalea bushes near our front door, one purple & one bright pink. I think white and yellow flowers look best with the red and brown tones in our brick so when the azaleas finish blooming, I buy a pot of white or yellow flowers and put them on the front porch. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl wrote:

This may sound like a dumb question but when you paint your door a bright color do you leave it the same color as it was on the inside of your house.  Say your door is white or brown do you still keep it that color?    Doesn't it look funny to have a door two different colors on each side?  

I've always liked the look of front doors painted a pretty shade of red or blue but I don't know if my house could pull off that look.  So for now, we just have the same brown door that came with the house.  We also have a storm door with a screen that moves up and down depending on the season.  

@J Town Girl 

At my home, the inside of exterior doors is painted white.  In my mind it doesn't look funny at all, rarely see both sides at the same time anyway.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I love 'em all.  Some people really have a way with flowers.  This looks very European to me.

I am in a townhome so we all must have the same color front door - which is a beigey/almond neutral color.  The siding is a similar neutral color to match, offset by brownish/reddish brick trim on the front portion of the unit and along the bottom half of the  side.

I tend to purchase flowers and plants that are in the same color family so to speak - reds, burgundys, oranges, yellows.  Coleus, zinnias, begonias, flowers that will hold up in the high heat and humidity of NC.  We all have flowering trees in front of our yards that have white flowers all summer.  Some people really have a knack for gardening.  I don't have much luck with my flowers that are in pots.  The sun just cooks 'em.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

They are all beautiful and out of the ordinary, which I like.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Do you plant things that complement your door color?

What do you thnk of these looks?

@lolakimono 

Love the yellow door with the roses and pansies.  Our home has a brick front (similar colors) with light yellow siding and white trim.  This would be a very pretty look IMHO.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Glitter Gif Picgifs beautiful 581772

Valued Contributor

My door is extremely dark purplish black, it looks black, so No, I don't plant black flowers. I have mostly yellow flowers in the front gardens with the grasses planted.

I like the yellow door one the best.

Respected Contributor

SOOOO beautiful!