Contributor

Interested in flooring found in Floor and Decor store today.  Wondering if anyone has shopped in one of their stores?  They are new to the mid-atlantic area. questions about reliability, service, quality of products etc

Valued Contributor

I have no firsthand experience, but I would recommend that you look at Yelp and other reviews on the web about the particular store you would be shopping at. A neighbor had a terrible experience at the one store in our state. She said that customer service was a joke and the lines to check out were crazy long. She and her husband spent an hour just waiting to be helped and realized no help was ever coming so they left and will never return. I glanced at some of the reviews for that store and there are many complaints - mostly about customer service (saying exactly what my neighbor said) but some about quailty of stock and prices, as well.  

Honored Contributor

@graciesmom1 wrote:

Interested in flooring found in Floor and Decor store today.  Wondering if anyone has shopped in one of their stores?  They are new to the mid-atlantic area. questions about reliability, service, quality of products etc

Where is this located, I am in Mid Atlantic, never heard of this store.

Honored Contributor

I never heard of it either.  Do they have a website you could check for locations? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I just had all my floors done with Floor and Decor. I now have waterproof wood laminate floors. I love it!  Easy clean up and I can mop these floors since they are waterproof. Floor and Decor has an in house designer that will assist in what the choice. Plus you can "rent" samples to test out. I also have my fireplace refaced with ceramic tile from Floor and Decor. 

I highly recommend them. Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased all the tile for my last bathroom project from Floor & Decor.  I found them nice and helpful.  I made many trips back and forth with returns and exchanges and samples and never had a problem.  Keep your receipts but they take your phone number so it's all right there in the system.  What I liked about Floor & Decor versus the other place I got tile from for my other two bathrooms is:  they have what you need in stock.  And what you don't use, can be returned.  Remember, it's like a big box store so if you're looking for more 1:1 help, assitance with putting it all together and just more individual attention, you probably won't get that.  I was on my third bathroom remodel.  I felt pretty confident and knew what to do.  It can get overwhelming.  Many times when  you find/hire a contractor, they will go to these places with you.  I saw many people walking around with their contractor.  Good Luck!

Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to do it.  All I have to do is order and pick up and a friend has offered to install for me!