Respected Contributor

does anyone here have a Ruggable rug?

I'm thinking about buying rugs soon for some high traffic areas of the house.

can anyone offer an opinion of Ruggable washable rugs?

is the quality good?

do they wear well?

do you take yours to a commercial laundry?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Re: does anyone here have a Ruggable rug?

I have 3 of them. Quality is good. I have washed mine in my washing machine and they come out perfect. 

Valued Contributor

I have a small one at my entryway. I have only had it for about two months and so far it has held up well to washing. It is reallly thin I.e not a high pile rug at all. I'd recommend it given the price and durability. They do have prints that I could use in other parts of my home. 

Regular Contributor

I have 5 Ruggables.  Sizes from 10 x 12 down to 3 x 5.  I have had some for 2-3 years.  I have washed all but one more than once, all at home in my large load washing machine.  They wash well in cool water.  The largest I hang on fence outside to dry.  The smaller ones can easily go in dryer on low.  

I have dogs who occasionally have accidents and I was tired of disposing of area rugs.  The only complaint I have heard is that they curl up on the edges, but I do not have this issue.  Sometimes if I notice an edge not laying properly I just run my foot over it and flatten it.  All in all I highly recommend them.

Occasional Contributor

My daughter has a couple of them because she has two boxers who always come in from outside with dirty paws.  Their paws get cleaned when they come into the mudroom, but they still have dirt on them.  Then they walk into the kitchen where she has a good sized one, and it doesn't matter if the dogs get them dirty a little. She just takes the rug apart and throws the cover into her washing machine.  I think they're great.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a pretty large one because it looked pretty online.  Nice vibrant colors.

It arrived and I pulled it from the box.  Colors were very dull, muted and splotchy.  I pushed it back in the box, initiated the return and it was on its way back to them less than an hour later.  

I had also read reviews mentioning the edges curling and I was concerned about a tripping hazard.

So, they weren't for me, but everyone's situation is different.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Daughter has a couple and they curl up on ends becoming a tripping hazard. 

Valued Contributor

I have a Ruggable in my kitchen. It's holding up well. The best thing about this flat weave rug is that my cats have no interest in scratching it.

Respected Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Daughter has a couple and they curl up on ends becoming a tripping hazard. 

@CJC, does your daughter have the pads that attach to the rug's underside?

I'm concerned about curling edges and tripping hazards for both my DH and myself. I thought the attachable pad was supposed to prevent the edges from rolling up.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

I have a runner in my entryway.  I like it very much though I have't needed to wash it yet.  The ends do not curl up on mine.