Honored Contributor

I know you were asking a week or so back about dying a spot on your leather furniture because of wear. 

If this house is brand new and you do have another room for your seasoned leather (a den is perfect!), I would get new living room furniture.  You'd need to get new furniture for the den anyway, so spend the money and get something totally different for your living room!

As far as the bedroom showing from the LR, I would keep the door closed when entertaining, it can match the LR to the nth degree, but there is no need for company to see your bedroom.  There's just something so personal about a bedroom---to me.

Even if people ask to see it when you're showing your house, that's fine, but I would close the door afterwards. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949Thanks for the clarification. In all previous posts it sounded like you were building it from ground up. So the hiring of Realtors was sudden, also? I'm beginning to understand the entire sequence of events much better.

Hope you current home sells quickly and you enjoy decorating the new home. Will you take possession of the new one soon or remain in the current home until it is sold? Spring planting and landscaping in a new home would be my favorite part! Enjoy every minute.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@cater  Thank You - so sweet. I enjoy your posts too.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady Homes here in Florida come completely landscaped. We aren't into gardening - neither of us- so we're glad for that. Those who are into gardening get frustrated down here because they are very limited as to what they can add - HOA tend to want all the houses to look exactly alike.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady

No, not all homes in Florida come already landscaped. My house came with 4 oak trees and that is it.

Other homes in my area are similar. There is a house next door to me with NO plants.

I planted every single plant myself. SOME places that are in planned developments MAY come with landscaping.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen a new home in a plan in Florida that doesn't come completely landscaped.

Now , when you buy acres out in the country somewhere that is different.

Respected Contributor
I would do a mix of neutrals for the larger pieces like the couch and chairs, but then pops of color to change out in the pillows, curtains, and maybe a club chair or one larger piece of furniture. Pictures with plenty of color and focal points around including flowers or sculptures.
Honored Contributor

Since I don't like closed doors (so much so that if I am home alone, I never close the bathroom door) I would decorate the bedroom in its own color story but in something that would compliment or be complimented by the living room so there is a flow.