Super Contributor

just ordered a pretty black metal candle holder form crossroads which will fit my goosecreek candles. Notice the candles with artwork on the crossroads website have to be order in bulk??what is that about?

Valued Contributor

Can I ask where you got the info regarding having to buy them in bulk if they have the artwork? I order from them all the time but get the ones with out the artwork because they are a little cheaper, but I have never heard of such a thing. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are wrong, I was just wondering where you saw that at. I love Crossroads candles, they are made in my home state of Ohio. The best is the maple buttered syrup. When we go to Amish country (Berlin Ohio) a lot of the shops that carry them are burning that scent. That is how I first stumbled upon them years ago and have been buying them ever since.

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Rustys mom said:

Can I ask where you got the info regarding having to buy them in bulk if they have the artwork? I order from them all the time but get the ones with out the artwork because they are a little cheaper, but I have never heard of such a thing. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are wrong, I was just wondering where you saw that at. I love Crossroads candles, they are made in my home state of Ohio. The best is the maple buttered syrup. When we go to Amish country (Berlin Ohio) a lot of the shops that carry them are burning that scent. That is how I first stumbled upon them years ago and have been buying them ever since.

I believe that I saw that on the website.. maybe I misunderstood because that does seem a bit odd.. maybe i'll check it out again..

Super Contributor

http://issuu.com/crossroadsoriginaldesigns/docs/crossroads_2015_for_web?e=4462910/10530266 if you look at the catalog that's what is seems to say

Valued Contributor

I am not sure why it says that in the back of the catalog, but I never go to the catalog to order. I just go to crossroadscandles.com and click on the button at the top that says candles then click on the size I want and the scent then go to checkout. Some of the scents offer the artwork, some done't. On the ones that offer the artwork it will have a little box that you click on then it will bring up the choices of artwork the you click on that and continue to checkout. I did not want to order anything so I went as far in the checkout point to where they wanted the payment method but it did let me get to that point without telling me I had to order in bulk and gave me the price minus the tax and shipping. So if you are interested in ordering them, try it that way. I am not sure if this will help but as I said it let me get that far without telling me I had to order more. Again, I have never clicked on the catalog to order.

Occasional Contributor

I am not sure why it says that in the back of the catalog, but I never go to the catalog to order. I just go to crossroadscandles.com and click on the button at the top that says candles then click on the size I want and the scent then go to checkout. Some of the scents offer the artwork, some done't. On the ones that offer the artwork it will have a little box that you click on then it will bring up the choices of artwork the you click on that and continue to checkout. I did not want to order anything so I went as far in the checkout point to where they wanted the payment method but it did let me get to that point without telling me I had to order in bulk and gave me the price minus the tax and shipping. So if you are interested in ordering them, try it that way. I am not sure if this will help but as I said it let me get that far without telling me I had to order more. Again, I have never clicked on the catalog to order.

thanks for the info -just received the black iron candle holder I ordered- it came nicely packed and quickly too! not ready to order a candle yet-just got a bunch from goose creek but I appreciate the info for the future..

Honored Contributor

I live relatively close to Crossroads Candles, and went there today for the first time. I really want to support local business, and wanted to love their stuff, but gotta say, I didn't.

I will buy one sometime when I have more money, and try actually burning them, but I wasn't impressed in the least with the fragrances or the strength. They smelled like cheap candles to me, but I definitely want to burn before casting the idea off altogether.

If anyone gets the chance to visit them, they do have a nice little store adjoining the factory and you can see them making the candles through a big window. There are a lot of other home decor items there, and they even had some Candle Impressions candles.

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 mominohio said:

I live relatively close to Crossroads Candles, and went there today for the first time. I really want to support local business, and wanted to love their stuff, but gotta say, I didn't.

I will buy one sometime when I have more money, and try actually burning them, but I wasn't impressed in the least with the fragrances or the strength. They smelled like cheap candles to me, but I definitely want to burn before casting the idea off altogether.

If anyone gets the chance to visit them, they do have a nice little store adjoining the factory and you can see them making the candles through a big window. There are a lot of other home decor items there, and they even had some Candle Impressions candles.

interesting..right now i'm all about the goose creek candles which I recently discovered thru the forum.. they are the best candles- burn beautifully and the scents are very true and have a great throw...just lit the blueberry and am loving it. Expecting the Tuscan vineyard and plantation row to arrive today-cant wait to try those.

Contributor
I too am close to Crossroads factory and store and highly recommend them. Great fragrance throw. Most popular seller is Buttered Maple Syrup. Several times a year they have a factory clearance where you can purchase jar candles for as low as $7! It is a crazy scene but a great way to load up on candles and try new scents. The factory store does discount some and has monthy scents that are usually 20% off.
Valued Contributor

Oh how I wished I lived closer to the Crossroads store. I live in Columbus so am close to 2 hours away. I have loved them for years, especially the Buttered Maple Syrup. They have a strong throw and it is strong every time you burn it. It melts evenly and burns clean. Love these candles. The kettle corn is my second favorite scent.