Valued Contributor

Re: Your best recommendation for a safe cleaning product for the shower, tile, glass enclosure, grout, etc.

I have heard and read good things about The Honest Co. products.

I also agree with other posters that if you want to stay away from anything harsh, white vinegar is the way to go. You can always dilute it a bit with a some water and essential oil, like lavender or peppermint. Or anything other scent you like.

Admittedly, I do occasionally use other, harsher stuff to clean my bathroom, but these are GREAT alternatives. I am trying to get back to using less-harsh stuff.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Your best recommendation for a safe cleaning product for the shower, tile, glass enclosure, grout, etc.

When I was in Target last week, I noticed that they are now carrying The Honest Co. 's brand of toilet tissues. Maybe they are planning to carry all their brand products. You could check it out.

Valued Contributor

On 3/2/2015 ibeirish said:

When I was in Target last week, I noticed that they are now carrying The Honest Co. 's brand of toilet tissues. Maybe they are planning to carry all their brand products. You could check it out.

I haven't seen any honest products at target but will be on the lookout now! I've tried many of their items except for the baby items, which I don't need. LOL. I initially tried the dishwasher tabs, the liquid dish soap, and the toilet bowl cleaner. When I saw the consistency of the toilet bowl cleaner, I wondered how it woild do on the shower walls (tile) and also my bathtub, which is easily scratched. It took very little effort to get either clean and I've used it several times for this purpose. I've tried the deodorant, which I'm not sold on yet, and the spray cleaner, which I haven't used long enough to have an opinion on. Hope this helps anyone looking for alternative items like these.
Super Contributor

Scrubbing Bubbles in the aerosol can. I have used it for years.
Frequent Contributor

Here is my tub and shower miracle cleaner.

1 cup of hot vinegar and 1 cup of blue Dawn in a spray bottle.

Spray it all over the tile, tub and chrome.

Come back in an hour and sponge off with water. Your shower will be sparkling.

The acid in the vinegar adheres with the gel of the Dawn. They cut the soap scum and clean the groat. You will thank me.

Regular Contributor

On 3/2/2015 So Happy Girl said:

Here is my tub and shower miracle cleaner.

1 cup of hot vinegar and 1 cup of blue Dawn in a spray bottle.

Spray it all over the tile, tub and chrome.

Come back in an hour and sponge off with water. Your shower will be sparkling.

The acid in the vinegar adheres with the gel of the Dawn. They cut the soap scum and clean the groat. You will thank me.

I just wanted to comment that I also use this mixture and it works beautifully! It's nice not breathing in all those chemicals while cleaning. I will say that a little goes along way, especially when using the concentrated formula of dish detergent. I find I sometimes spray too much of the mixture when a little will do.
Honored Contributor

Plain white vinegar cleans well. Be sure to rinse with water after cleaning any metal. Isopropyl alcohol works well on many surfaces, such as tile floors.

Regular Contributor

Joe Campanelli's Heavy Duty Green Cleaner in the small green and white plastic container that states on the lid it is non-hazardous, non-poisonous, non-toxic and non-fuming with no bleach or solvents (QVC.)

Astonish (HSN) in the small dark blue plastic tub that states on the container it is non-acid, has no phosphates and No animal products. Both are silica I believe. Never scratch the bathroom surfaces including the glass shower doors. Clean everything well except the acrylic shower stall pan.

Super Contributor

there are many pins on pinterest about using white vinegar, baking soda, blue dawn dishwashing liquid and lemon juice. I mixed some up, being careful not to create a vocano with vinegar and baking soda and used it in the bathtub. I was trying to brighten the no slip strips and it made a consideable differrence. Now i must say that I et it sit the first time for a couple of hours with the rag over it. seeing the difference it made, i tried it on the rest of the tub and eft over night. I was pleasantly surprised. I will probably do it again. check it out on pinterest.com
Respected Contributor

I also love Clorox Clean-Up - I have tile in 2/3 of my bathroom - walls and floor - and unsealed grout on the floor - bleach is the only thing that really cleans it. I went to the bathroom today in Macy's and could smell bleach and I had the thought that I love a bathroom that smells like bleach lol.