Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would You Say a Mix of Traditional/Colonial.....

I'm not a fan of Traditional or Colonial, mixed or not.  However, this room is not too bad.  I think it helps because the two chairs have a more updated, modern fabric on them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I think I would prefer it with a piece of modern artwork above the fireplace to keep it from looking too contrived.  I like the fabric on the chairs but I would lose the ball fringe afghan, again because it seems contrived.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful room; I like everything about it.

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

@jubilant 

Traditional Southern Charm.  I can see this in Charleston SC.  I like it. Very warm and inviting.

@Hippiified Now that's funny because it screams Yankee to me!  It's funny how much differently we all see things!  It's a good reminder.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, it says New England to me or the beautiful old stone homes in Bucks County Pa.

Honored Contributor

I like that bee pillow. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

Maybe we're not as different as we think.❤️

@Sooner wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

@jubilant 

Traditional Southern Charm.  I can see this in Charleston SC.  I like it. Very warm and inviting.

@Hippiified Now that's funny because it screams Yankee to me!  It's funny how much differently we all see things!  It's a good reminder.  

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

It's a cozy room .. I think leans traditional.  Love the windows, fireplace & art over the mantel.  I'm not a fan of brown chairs.