Respected Contributor

Many if you are real followers of decorating trends and ideas.  I am thinking of replacing flooring with wood or wood-look vinyl.  I don't want real dark woods that I know for sure.  I guess I don't want to be outdated  before I start.

Honored Contributor

I am considering a weathered driftwood look floor for my kitchen. Granted, it's not a look for everyone. Some samples:

Driftwood

Mannington Restorations Nantucket 28120 Driftwood Laminate Flooring |  CarpetMart

Dream Home XD 10mm+pad Delaware Bay Driftwood Laminate Flooring 4.57 in.  Wide x 54.45 in. Long | LL Flooring

Mannington Restoration - Nantucket Driftwood Laminate - Riverside, CA -  J.B. Woodward Floors, Inc

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Where I lived on the West Coast, light wood floors were trending. Gray was going out, but greige was now popular. I had light wood floors for 20+ years there, so in my new house I went with medium/dark wood floors because I wanted the warmth of the look. Recently, trends in floor colors appear to last about 5 years, so I'd get something I like within parameters. 

Contributor

There are several high quality vinyl plank flooring options out there that offer the look of real hardwood with much easier care. I personally prefer a medium to dark tone but if you don't get anything too "trendy" they will last for years and work with most decorating styles. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm still waiting for something that looks like real hardwood for my lower level family room! Glad to hear you've seen it. I'll keep my eyes open when in the stores. Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I just started looking and there are some that look real.  Big difference from 5 years ago.  I noticed lots of grey, farmhouse tupes, but that is not my style.  I have seen some new construction pictures that mix lighter woods and white tile. I like warmth.

Honored Contributor

In the home we just moved into, I had ash installed and it's stained or whatever, very light.  The upstairs is the original oak and I love the look of that, too.  And I can't stand oak (furniture or cabinets). 

I don't want anything dark in my home except the soil in my houseplant pots.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently had my 1st floor flooring replaced with   Hickory  wood called embers. from Somerset flooring character collection . The  website photo they diospaly gives a good representation of the flooring .  It is a  moderate  lighter brown hickory with some pieces looking more  grey/taupe . It is not to light nor to dark in color.

Esteemed Contributor

I still prefer the darker wood tones for flooring but I know the lighter tones are really popular right now.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb , the top picture you posted looks like my bathroom flooring.  Remodling the bath.  Brought up the washer and dryer (Bosch grayish blue color) and went white with fixtures.  Got a "royal blue" vanity, but it's really a dark blue, looking almost charcoal to me in certain light.

Anyways, had wanted a solid white floor, but my contractor and friend suggested the vinyl wood-look flooring for maintenance and durability.  So, long story short, the one I picked has the same tones as what you pictured with subtle blue tones that get pulled out because of the vanity and W/D.

Not important, just thought that was cute that we "picked" the same color combo!Woman Wink

P.S.  I got a color-matching 8"runner 'cause it will be easier for Eddy to walk on:  removed tub and replaced with a walk-in shower for EddyWoman LOL!