Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

In all honesty this is one I am not looking forward to, my Dad passed away earlier this wee, nothing had been touched since Moms passing in October 2015.

My Winter project will be clearout a 2 bedroom apt with 70+ years of stuff and memories 

@I am still oxox  Oh bless your heart!  I do not envy you this!  Remember you are not a museum.  Don't keep anything you don't love. 

I have no projects in mind and don't want any.  I've about done everything I want to do now and it is simply a matter of keeping it neat and putting away and organizing by getting rid of things as they are no longer needed or useful.

I have worked 45 years, cleaned out 3 houses of other people, purged my own of their stuff and mine, and I can enjoy it now.  I am thrilled out of my mind not to have projects!  I've had enough of them to last me a lifetime!  Woman Happy  For those of you looking forward to them, enjoy! 

Valued Contributor

we moved/downsized a little over a year ago which means everything got crammed into closets and cupboards and every nook and cranny of out new house.  Project for this week is to start on the bathroom cupboards to see what can be weeded out and organized!  Next weekend is the Christmas collection as things get taken down and put away for the season.

Honored Contributor

The storage room is yelling for attention.  I hope to get it in shape over the winter. 

Honored Contributor

THis time of year, I always look forward to my 'spring' cleaning that I do in January and February. 

It starts with cleaning out every closet and cupboard and drawer. Last year I bought a bunch of those Kano storage pieces, and re did several of my closets, and I will be doing the rest of them this year. 

Then it moves on to washing curtains walls, and steam cleaning furniture and carpets, and by mid April, the outside work begins.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio I am so jealous of you. First I don't have washable paint so my first step to clean walls has to be to have them painted.Second - I am no longer capable of doing that kind of cleaning - moving furniture and washing walls. I really miss that delightful fresh smell and feeling when spring housecleaning is freshly finished.