Honored Contributor

Dust/dirt comes in through window "screens."  Especially if it's breezy and/or windy outside.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Years ago, when I still lived in SoCal, my mom had a business directly under the inbound flight path to LAX about a mile from the end of the runway (they were so low, you could read the lettering/numbers on the undersides of the planes).  I'd go out & sweep the sidewalk out front every day & there was always this dark grey dusty stuff that had accumulated & someone told me it was the soot from the burned jet fuel of those planes.  Glad I'm not breathing that in anymore or going deaf from the roar of jet engines overhead!

Honored Contributor

At least you have an animal. We don't, and I get plenty of gray dirt in the cup of my Shark vacuum. I do a quick vacuum of the carpeted rooms daily. I also Swiffer the hard surfaces daily and find they are dirty too. Our shoes are left at the door so where does it come from @drizzellla?

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@drizzellla  You would be surprised about the amount of dust that accumulates from outside.  Windows open, door open and close.  Yes, you could dust everyday.  I bet your Collie is a beauty.  The things we do for our pets.  

I am sure you are so right. My husband takes the dog for a walk 6-8 times a day. Plus he has been hiking the Appalachian Trail. And yes especially now that it is cooler all the windows and doors are open.

Our dog looks a lot like Lassie. He has the white blaze on his nose. And he is sable with a few dark fur accents around his face. 

Respected Contributor

We live in a ranch style house (1 level) so all the bathrooms get dirty so fast especially on a windy day the winds come down the vents with all their dust also we change our airfilters often. Helps too. We are 2 people with 2 cats and my sharke vacuum can really pick it up. I'm glad to see a full bin of dust from the vacuum.  

Honored Contributor

I get the gray dust too in my vacuum cup.  Both houses.

And the roomba pics up white fuzz at both houses.

At this house, we don't have any pets (2 cats) and please don't tell them we have this place.  !

When I vacuum at home, the cup is filled with an extra cat, I swear.  I get weak in the knees when I see that.

No carpets at either house.  I feel like I can get a better grip of dust and dirt with just hardwoods and tile floors. 

I vacuum, dry mop (NOT Swiffer) and run the Roombas in betweeen.  

No shoes in the house.

Honored Contributor

My central vacuum system gets full of dog hair.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

That's because you have those sweet goldens.Heart @goldensrbest 

I have a lot of golden hair, too....from just one girl! She's such a fur bag. Woman LOL 
And I love every bit of her...hair and all.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

That's because you have those sweet goldens.Heart @goldensrbest 

I have a lot of golden hair, too....from just one girl! She's such a fur bag. Woman LOL 
And I love every bit of her...hair and all.

Same here!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.