Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love white slip covers but I don't have them.  I wonder if jeans leave blue marks on them like they do on my light colored leather car seats.  

@faeriemoon Whether they leave marks or not, I have been told by several people who should know that jeans are very hard on fabrics. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@wilma,  pretty pictures, and I totally agree with @Somertime --  nicely tailored slipcovers are charming.

When they're well done, they give a jaunty, carefree look to a room. 

For the many people who love the ethereal look of white couches, but not the hazards and the maintenance, white or cream slipcovers are ideal.   So practical!   Your pet, your child, your guest who spills their tea--  no problem.  Whisk them off, wash (you can even bleach them if you have to),  and slip them on.  A way of having upholstery that always looks fresh.

I don't have them now, but I've had white ones in the past, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, and we absolutely loved them-- washed like a dream, and looked airy and great with our living room colors....

@Oznell 

SO nice to hear they cleaned easily!  Your statement left my "dream" entacked"!

Respected Contributor

Love the white slip covers. Can change the whole look of a room. The only problem is the fit. A good fit is almost as expensive as a new couch.

Esteemed Contributor
I've never been a fan of slipcovers period....no matter thecolor. Most of them look wrinkled and sloppy but some of the ones youposted weren't too bad. A few mentioned custom fitted slipcovers and I'm sure those look nicer. Not a fan of neutrals or rooms leaning in that direction but I did like the last picture you posted.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Not for me but the rooms are all beautiful.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Yes, @ECBG ,  mine were a sturdy, white, almost "denim"- like cotton.  It's important to have them substantial enough so that if the furniture under them has a color or print, it won't 'show through' at all.   And of course, they need to be indestructible enough to go in the wash whenever you want to-- that's such a luxury, to be able to wash them yourself!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, @ECBG ,  mine were a sturdy, white, almost "denim"- like cotton.  It's important to have them substantial enough so that if the furniture under them has a color or print, it won't 'show through' at all.   And of course, they need to be indestructible enough to go in the wash whenever you want to-- that's such a luxury, to be able to wash them yourself!

@Oznell 

I always adored that look.  With 2 boys and always a large dog, plus living on a totally woodedot with a stream, I feel I would have been dealing with a constant disaster!Smiley Happy

They would have looked great with my primitives!

Respected Contributor

When we lived in NY, there was a nice shop that carried some accent furniture, decorative accessories, and a huge selection of slip covers. The owner said that many of his customers owned multiple sets of slip covers and changed them with the seasons as an inexpensive way to create a fresh look to the room.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I love white slip covers but I don't have them.  I wonder if jeans leave blue marks on them like they do on my light colored leather car seats.  

@faeriemoon Whether they leave marks or not, I have been told by several people who should know that jeans are very hard on fabrics. 

@Sooner I totally believe that.  Even when I have my car detailed they can't get the blue marks off.  However, I will continue to buy cars with light interiors; I hate black interiors in cars.  I'll deal with the "jeans marks."  LOL

Honored Contributor

White or even light slipcovers are a NO GO for me!!! They just arent practical with people and/or pets....Even the ability to launder them doesnt change my opinion, you'd probably have to do a heck of a lot of washing to keep the room looking nice.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”