Honored Contributor

Re: While watching fixer upper ....

It makes sense that the homeowners would most likely already own furniture that they like and would want to use it. 

Honored Contributor

This is one of my favorite shows. Their new bed and breakfast home left me confused. Chip and Joanna won't be living there, so how can it be considered a B&B? To me, it only seems logical for the innkeepers to live in the B&B too.
Honored Contributor

I always wonder how they can have all those animals - goats, chickens, several dogs and cats and horses and still be fully employed with their Magnolia Farms business. According to their website he is a realtor and runs a contracting company and she does all the designs, has 4 kids plus they do the TV show.According to the website they are usually working on as many as 14 homes all at the same time.Now they also have a B&B and the silo has a store where they sell her furniture etc. All I can say is -- they must have a LOT of employees.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like Chip & Joanna Gaines and enjoy Fixer Upper...They have great chemistry together and balance each other out perfectly...They do consult with the people that they are doing the makeovers for to get a sense of their various decor tastes and styles, so I'm surprised to read that the furniture and landscaping are not necessarily what the owners will be keeping and I sure wouldn't want to have landscaping dug up and done over again!...I'm also amazed at how reasonable the home prices are for everything involved in the total makeovers.

@151949...I have also wondered how they could possibly keep up with all that they are involved in!...It definitely "takes a village" for them to be able to accomplish all that they do or else they have to be a bionic couple with infinite energy and time!...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Most Bank owned short sale repos sell with no inspection..as is.

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Most Bank owned short sale repos sell with no inspection..as is.

I don't think these are short sales - just old houses.