Respected Contributor

Re: Which Do You Regularly Use On Your Table?

Most of the time we eat in the breakfast room and I use woven or cloth placemats.  Occasionally, I will put a quilted tablecloth on that table.  In the dining room, I always use tableclohs for meal service.  Both tables are bare or perhaps hold a centerpiece when we aren't eating a meal there.

Respected Contributor

Placemats here.  I like to change them out.  I used to find nice ones at Kohl's that were well priced but like everything else - the prices have gone up!

Respected Contributor

Vinyl placemats when we eat at our island. Cloth placemats at the table. I am not a fan of tablecloths. 

Honored Contributor

I use cloth placemats.  I get them dirt cheap from local online auctions.  If t hey don't survice the laundry, I toss them and move on to something else from my stash.  Do you believe I have actually bought estate sale placemats that have been dry cleaned?

Respected Contributor

Our dining room table always has a cloth tablecloth on it, have 6 cloths all different colors.  I also put on top of the tablecloth one of my Gramma's hand embroidered piano toppers (Circular table).  I change the cloths when Thanksgiving and Christmas roll around.  We eat in the dining room for our evening meals and turn on the smooth Jazz station on the tv music channel for background music.

Honored Contributor

I have only one dining table and it requires a 70"-80" round tablecloth. They are not easy to find, but I have a couple of sources through A-zon that sell good quality vinyl ones. They don't slip around and can be wiped clean which is important because my table is in near constant use.

For company I have linen tablecloths, some of them vintage and very lovely. It wouldn't be practical to use those every day.

~ house cat ~