Esteemed Contributor

Where to Buy Freshest Coin / Button Batteries- CR2450

[ Edited ]

If you have shopped for button cell batteries for things like flameless candles, where did you find the freshest batteries?  QVC has a set at a good price, H200782, but I have no way of knowing their manufacture or expiration date or how they compare to name brands like Energizer.

Around here the CR2450 batteries are expensive and sold in singles, and I get the feeling they've been on the shelf for years already.  I read once that the button batteries work best when they are freshest.  

Do you think that ebay (or even Amazon) sellers probably have the freshest supply?  Or is there some other retailer that I'm not aware of that I should try? 

I did try some Panasonics from ebay, expiration 2024, and I'm not getting good battery life at all from them, much less glow time than from the factory-installed batteries in my Mystique tealight candles. 

I think I'll try Energizers next. 

Thanks for any tips.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where to Buy Freshest Coin / Button Batteries- CR2450

I don't know. That's a good question. My kitchen scale uses one of those & every time I press to turn it on it says low battery even when it's new. I'm buying a new scale that uses regular batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchase all of my batteries at Batteries Plus.  They have everything and the prices are the best that I have found.

Respected Contributor

I usually get mine in CVS

Honored Contributor

Try your local grocery store---mine has a battery section and with all types too and never had a problem with those purchased there...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I just bought some at Lowe's.  They have a battery display up front by the registers.

Trusted Contributor

Ebay.  It's been years, but a few years back, I purchased a couple hundred of them for under $30.  I'm still using them, and they are still good. 

Honored Contributor

$ store

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  Three or four years ago I bought a bunch of the CR2032 and CR2450 from an ebay seller named Energy Castle.  They are Energizer batteries and I'm still using them this season. I've been very satisfied with them and the price was good.  Much better than what I've tried locally.

Hope you find some that works for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, everyone, for replying.

A seller on ebay offers 6 for $10.50, Energizers, and lists the exp of 2023, so I will try those and see if they last longer than the Panasonics.  It isn't as good of a deal as some of the bulk listings, but seems much cheaper than I'm seeing them in the local drug stores and Lowes, etc.  It irks me to pay so much for them so the search will probably continue when I start to run out again. 

Per some of your advice, I did check Batteries Plus, Dollar Tree, and looked for an Energy Castle seller, with no luck finding them.

Thanks again.