Honored Contributor

Re: What treasures did you get today?

@SHOPR

@BornToShop

Yes... The temptingness is beckoning!

the QVC CS agent said she could see that I had been "busy" with the lanterns the other morning... Um did I do that? LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR, Hi, here is a pic of the gold in Valerie's pedestals a year or so ago and three of the five finials of Jill's.  You can see that these are a nice shade of gold, not orangey.  I really like them, all of mine are straight and the MG is nicely done.  Very light weight as can be expected but they are a keeper and I'll enjoy using them now and for holidays.  No flash used for pic .    100_2599.jpg

Respected Contributor

IMAG0064_2.jpeg

I am having trouble pasting, hope this works and I apologize if it does not.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR, Hi, here is a pic of the gold in Valerie's pedestals a year or so ago and three of the five finials of Jill's.  You can see that these are a nice shade of gold, not orangey.  I really like them, all of mine are straight and the MG is nicely done.  Very light weight as can be expected but they are a keeper and I'll enjoy using them now and for holidays.  No flash used for pic .    100_2599.jpg

@lucymo, VERY nice!  There is an obvious difference in the golds.  Based on your photo, I think that these finials will work for me if for some reason the Zulily set doesn't.  They seem to have a very nice color and finish.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR I purchased a cord for outdoor lights with spaced sockets many years ago on QVC and that's what I use in my media cabinet for all the accessories.  That one was heavy duty with a surge protector, but I learned that a long cord with spaced sockets is really handy.  I wish the Quirky version had a surge protector feature, but I guess it could be plugged into one.  I agree that vacuuming around cords is an annoyance.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop Very nice! image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

Thanks for posting this pic. Really good to see the difference 'in person'. I think several here didn't really like the gold set from last year (VPH lit ones), but I did. I never really realized until lately that there is such a difference in golds. 

Makes a huge difference if you are trying to coordinate. I think both are pretty, just maybe not together, for me.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

Thanks for posting this pic. Really good to see the difference 'in person'. I think several here didn't really like the gold set from last year (VPH lit ones), but I did. I never really realized until lately that there is such a difference in golds. 

Makes a huge difference if you are trying to coordinate. I think both are pretty, just maybe not together, for me.

@Mominohio, Hi,  the pedestals work better with fall decor than any other time, IMO.  I'm always leery of ordering gold since Valerie's pedestals and some of her other items are not a true gold but more orangey and that's a shade that's hard to work with in most situations other than fall decorating in my home.  I just wanted to show how much difference there really is and I didn't use a flash so this is naturally how mine are.

Frequent Contributor

SHOPR  I too waitlisted the white beaded pumpkins and can't stop thinking about them.  I looked online to see if I could find something similar, but had no luck.   I was so upset that I missed them.  Hopefully they will get a new shipment in.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR

I WILL GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE RECORDED SHOW! Not yelling... Just iPad wearySmiley Happy