Honored Contributor

What's your favorite place in your home?

My dog likes to set on the back top of the love seat.  It's her window to the world she knows.  So I'm here crocheting.  It's central to the areas I use the most daily.  LR if I didn't mention it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite place in your home?

That sounds so nice and peaceful. A happy place.

I guess for me I'd have to say my favorite place is my bed!😴 😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I had to think twice about this one.  I can't say I have a favorite place.  Each room, it seems to me, suits it's purpose well!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My dog likes to set on the back top of the love seat.  It's her window to the world she knows.  So I'm here crocheting.  It's central to the areas I use the most daily.  LR if I didn't mention it.  

@qualitygal 

When I am taking my walks, I am tickled to see so many little cats and dogs enjoying this very same view!  And I, myself, am delighted that I get to enjoy seeing their happiness as well!!!  

I am pretty comfortable with my small, old fashioned home.  DH and I share many pleasant moments in the kitchen and living room.  These two rooms are the hub of our home.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I moved into my present home 6 months ago. Since then it has been renovated top to bottom- just about every room. Just finished the kitchen reno yesterday, so that may be the favorite this week. Once the weather warms up it may be my deck/ outdoor space.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  I like sitting in my recliner in our living room, it's bright and I can watch my birds at the birdfeeder out the front window, and my cat who thinks he's my son likes to sit with me and watch the birds.  When it gets warm enough to sit outside we sit on our back deck and enjoy watching our horses grazing in the pasture, and my chickens.  I have a small koi pond next to the deck also and enjoy watching the fish it's so soothing.  I'm lucky to have my own private little piece of Heaven.

Honored Contributor

No contest - it's my kitchen. So many possibilities!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   This is so funny - our standard poodle Wallace does exactly the same thing in DH's oversized laz-y-boy chair in the LR!!!!  Wallace jumps up into it, front legs dangling over the back hunches down to relax and hangs there forever watching the world go by just like your dog does!!!  I guess for him, this is his favorite spot.

For me, I gotta say my new fav is my kitchen. Finally the kitchen & pantry has been painted, looks great, new counter & backsplash installed in October. I now LOVE my kitchen! Way back in the day kitchens had 2 parts - a pantry area and a kitchen. My stove/fridge with one window is in the kitchen, all 34 cupboards and sink in the pantry with another window that overlooks our backyard. It's so relaxing just standing there staring out the window watching the birds, the squirrels, all the plants, trees, flowers. I've fallen for the backsplash & countertop, we so struggled trying figure out what to do in there, we NAILED this one FINALLY!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite place in my home is my family room.  My recliner is next to the fireplace, I can see outside, can watch tv, and usually have a dog or cat sitting in the chair with me.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My bedroom and my family room.