Honored Contributor

Do you think something is wrong with this room? 

The first thing I thought of was scale. The furniture seems much too small for the large space, or maybe there needs to be more furnishings. 

I’m also thinking there’s not enough contrast. The furniture seems to blend in with the wall color and rug. 

I’m not really loving most of the furnishings in the room either. I like the lamps and curio. The windows are very nice, but I need some kind of window treatment on them. 

3BE2951C-5D69-497D-986A-B7EC83647D2D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I think I have to agree with you about the scale being off.  Also the room seems much too empty and needs some contrast to add some depth.

Valued Contributor

I agree with @wilma @ECBG , the scale is off and it does seem empty. My eye is automatically directed the the blank space between the curio cabinet and art.  The windows are gorgeous, I'd like for them to be the first thing to catch my eye.  

Honored Contributor

To me it looks as if someone moved from a smaller home to this one and still needs to add or change their furniture.  I like the colors they live with and the light in their room.

Honored Contributor

I think you hit the nail on the head, the furniture is much to small for the space. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What’s Wrong?

[ Edited ]

The chair and sofa's front feet should be on the rug, not off the rug, and perhaps change sofa out for a larger sofa, it looks like a loveseat with the size of the rug and room.

And get rid of the wooden chair, it doesn't even look comfortable.

And add a dog, and then I could live there.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@wilma   👎  It looks a "Before" picture. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

The sofa needs to be facing the windows. The cocktail is way too big and needs to be replaced.  They need to have lowere side tables for the lamps. They could bring in a little color with a pillow or two.  Window coverings are also needs. They need to call in a designer to help out.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma  The furniture is too small and pooly arranged, along with a boring color scheme.  Time to start over on this one.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The sofa needs to be facing the windows. The cocktail is way too big and needs to be replaced.  They need to have lowere side tables for the lamps. They could bring in a little color with a pillow or two.  Window coverings are also needs. They need to call in a designer to help out.  

Wow! You're good! Everything you said made perfect sense!

@CAcableGirl2 Adding a dog is the perfect addition to any room (IMO)!