Respected Contributor

Re: What is Your Hanging Style?

MIne would be the anchor and the gallerist.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   Anchorist, Gallerist, Casualist--on shelves or table tops--person here.  

Sometimes with two framed prints of the same size and subject type, instead of hanging them side by side on a narrow wall I place them so that one is hung higher so it is next to the top third of the lower one, i.e. they are staggered vertically.*

I am a fan of asymmetry with three dimensional items and I like groups of three in staggered heights.  I think it makes the surrounding negative space more interesting to the viewer.

*I

I  This is the best I can illustrate.  Push this I two thirds up next to the above I.  Works well on a narrow wall instead of just picture above picture in a straight line.

Apologies for my primitive computer knowledge and skills!

Honored Contributor

the anchor; I do not like things hung on my walls.

Regular Contributor

Oh wow, I have used all of these (not all at once), except the Casualist.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono when I read the title of your thread, I thought it referred to how one hangs clothes in a closet, i.e. all facing the same way, grouped by color or type, etc. 

Maybe that would be another interesting thread! Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Anchor and Eccentric. 

Respected Contributor

I've been the casualist and bohemian, but I don't like to dust so much anymore and my taste is more modern lately. Now I'm an anchor or gallerist in the living room and my room with abstract landscapes, and the same in my child's old room with my child's valedictorian speech in a black frame next to a black-framed quantum mechanics equations doc I downloaded and an abstract landscape on the opposite wall. The extra bedrooms are also simple. No more clutter for me; I'm working on purging.