Honored Contributor

What do you do at home you might not expect to see elsewhere?

[ Edited ]

Here's what I mean:

I don't like to step on my bath mats with shoes so I fold them in half, right sides together, so only the bottom portion is stepped on until I actually need them after a shower.

Before anybody wants to share solutions, here's why I do what I do:  I can't go barefoot, but that wouldn't change things all that much.  And the house shoes I wear I just keep on if I step into the backyard occasionally. And I don't want to hang both mats over the top of the shower.  It's easier to just fold the mats.  Not to mention my dog doesn't wear shoes!

Anybody else have little quirks like other than folding bath mats in half until you actually need them?  What other quirks, no need to have them bathroom-related, do you feel like sharing?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do at home you might not expect to see elsewhere?

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach

I fold my rugs under too, but Right side up so I don’t step on them with shoes, but Still some of the pretty rug is showing . The grime from walking on pavement etc sure soils rugs. Where DH sits in his chair can sure show on the rug if it’s not a dark color 😕

When the weather starts to warm up here in the desert Southwest, At night I sometimes will put a strip of wide masking tape across the bottoms of my doors to help keep scorpions out...they can flatten themselves down to the thickness of a credit card to get indoors where it’s cool.😝

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirlwrote:

@GingerPeach

I fold my rugs under too, but Right side up so I don’t step on them with shoes, but Still some of the pretty rug is showing . The grime from walking on pavement etc sure soils rugs. Where DH sits in his chair can sure show on the rug if it’s not a dark color 😕

@Azcowgirl

I would try your technique if my dog (who does walk outside, of course) didn't like the fluffiness so much.  Woman Very Happy  Perfect idea otherwise! 

Honored Contributor

All the cats I have ever owned never knew my bedrooms or bathrooms existed.

I do not want cat hair in either rooms plus I do not want my cat sleeping or lying on my bath room rugs.  Especially after using the litter box!!!!! icon_exclaim.gif

Rules in my house:  I don't sleep in your bed or use YOUR bathroom.  Stay out of mine.http://oi59.tinypic.com/23uzrjo.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Azcowgirl  Have you ever tried Cyzmic for those scorpions?  If not, here's a little info.  Not cheap -  around $67 at Amazon for a 1 qt.  But it's concentrated and applied with a garden sprayer. One quart last a few seasons  for me. I only spray maybe twice a summer now.  I probably sprayed more often when I first started using it.  This stuff

works.  Haven't seen a scorpion in a long time.

Never gave my bathroom mat a thought -but I'm sure now I will.

Thanks a lot.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

When we shower we put an old towel on the floor. No rugs here to step on. 

Honored Contributor

Not sure how that shows something you do at home that you might not expect to see elsewhere, @Mz iMac ?

Honored Contributor

So do you do anything else at home that you don't expect to see anywhere else?  This isn't really about only bathrooms, @Catiele  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

Not sure how that shows something you do at home that you might not expect to see elsewhere, @Mz iMac ?

@GingerPeach

Some people let their pets free roam inside their homes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't get it.  That's normal.   Some people confine them to limited areas and some don't.