Occasional Visitor

What Happen to Northern Nights

What happen to Northern Nights Wonderful flannel sheets? I do not want to sleep on ployster in the winter.

Honored Contributor

Re: What Happen to Northern Nights

@4hair.  It seems, given a choice, the majority of people prefer the soft coziness of fleece.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4hair  Yesss  ...I want them back too!!! I've been holding onto both my sets that are now probably 15 years old, and I'm always searching here year after year for Northern Nights to have some available...100% cotton flannel is ALL I'm interested in, QVC!! No flannel mix. No poly-fleece sheets. No cotton knit, or whatever it's called sheets. No substitutes for 100% cotton flannel like you used to sell.

And yes...I've searched around. Last year I did an extensive online search. Got down to just Lands End or LLBean. I liked the colors of LLBean better but just didn't want to spend $150.00! The Lands End ones, also $150-full price...had a sale and I got them a little lower for about $120.00. I just decided to go for it, and that I'd have them for years, so I might as well treat myself to luxury linens. But I was disappointed in the color when I got them, and it was the end of winter, I just decided to hold out for what I really wanted. They did seem nice, soft, with good reviews, in case anyone's interested. Both had great reviews...the LE and LLBean. They weren't on sale even during summer...I checked. Must be a staple for these companies.

So, I think there's a market for Northern Nights to bring in a luxury, 100% cotton flannel sheet set, competing with a lower price range than those other places...like they used to.

I realize cotton's gone up...EVERYthing has. But QVC still manages to find ways to cost cut, sometimes without sacrificing quality entirely.

All to say....BRING BACK NORTHERN NIGHTS 100% FLANNEL SHEETS, PLEASE, Q!!

Respected Contributor

@4hair & @amyb, you both piqued my interest, and I'd be very interested in trying those NN flannel sheets.

While I love the softness of fleece, they sleep way too hot for me, so I prefer a natural fabric.

I did try the My Pillow flannel sheets, but they felt rough on my skin.

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

@4hair wrote:

What happen to Northern Nights Wonderful flannel sheets? I do not want to sleep on ployster in the winter.

@4hair 

Manufacturers change fabric content percentages all the time, based on cost, availability, etc.

I once had a great set of flannel sheets and made the mistake of getting into bed wearing flannel pajamas.  BIG mistake. 

I could hardly move.  It felt like I was in a velcro bed, lol.  Woman Surprised

From then on, when I had flannel sheets on the bed, I had to have "slippery" night clothes.  

Honored Contributor

I don't like fleece sheets either, for winter prefer flannel, i bought cuddl duds flannel sheets last yr. from kohls they have held up good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I love flannel sheets, and not a fan of fleece at all.  I purchased two sets of Martha Stewart brand flannel sheets a few years ago at Macy's.  They're still in pretty good shape.

Super Contributor

Agree @4hair. Nothing but cotton 365 days a year for this household. For the colder months (7-8 months of the year here), I have from Costco the 100% cotton flannel. They have held up well over the years and replace or put in rotation a new set when a pattern/color strikes me. Donate old sets to the local animal shelter when I want to change up.

Looks like they have several pattern options at Costco.com (online) right now and run under $50 delivered in Queen. I'm a member, but I've heard non-members can use Costco.com and they charge a surcharge. No doubt they have some inside the Costco store this time of year, but I don't venture into the madhouse very often. Online and Instacart work for me. 

Good luck in your search. Cheers.

Honored Contributor

Some of my flannel sheets are over 20 years old, still look and feel nice. Fleece are often too warm and they take up way too much room in a linen closet especially king size. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have LE 6oz flannel sheets and well  worth the  price tag. One of the few retailers you can still get flat sheets, fitted sheets. and pillow cases separately instead of buying a set. 

Buy the 6oz and forget the 5oz, big difference in the feel! The 5oz felt too scratchy.

LE often has 40% off sales and PayPal offers their version of EP every 2 weeks. They're also on Rakuten for cash back. HTH!