Respected Contributor

Wayfair purchases

[ Edited ]

I recently ordered 824EFEE6-782E-4C35-B500-89AF57B72F39.jpeg

This was really nice so I ordered 2 of the $139.00 ones with a larger tufted top in light brown that is on their site and they are awesome. Halvorson Upholstered Flip Top Storage Bench

I have been looking for months for a kitchen island with wheels. I just ordered this as white is hard to find in stock- we will have fun putting it together but the reviews are good.

B50FA140-7BFF-4DCC-97ED-F87FDB0D3018.jpeg

I am so glad to add a few things to update the house. I am giving what I already have to my daughter when I replace them.

What have others bought from Wayfair that they like? Free Shipping and FedX delivery is pretty fast too.

Honored Contributor

On Sunday, I ordered a small upright 3.1 cuft freezer from Wayfair.  It was to be delivered this Friday the 18th but showed up on my doorstep yesterday, Tuesday.  I wasn't ready for it.  I don't know how they got it here so fast.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Congratulations on your new freezer.  You'll wonder how you lived without one.

My niece also bought one from "W" few months ago and I just learned from her sister the freezer never showed up.  Poof - disappeared.

"W" shipped another.

Perhaps they are keeping a closer eye on orders.  Freezers are in great demand after the lockdown..

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I am having my guest bathroom vanity replaced tomorrow.  I ordered a new one from Overstock and ordered the faucet and two sconces from Wayfair.  I changed my mind on the sconces and had to return two and order two different ones.  

Returning was so easy.  I packed them up and took them to FedEx.  As soon as they were scanned Wayfair credited my credit card.  I love service like that.

The faucet and sconces look nice.  I hope I'll like them as much when they're installed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Took us 4 months to get a chair, the billed our card right away, it went on back order, we tried to cancel they said no, tried and tried to cancel, their customer service at WAYFAIR is the WORST.  Billing before something ships, not letting you cancel back orders.  when it finally arrived I refused it.  My husband needed that chair for medical purposes and it arrived just 2 days ago which was 4 days after he passed away.

They have lost my business FOREVER.

For the record we purchased another chair very similar from Amazon and had it in 10 days. 

Wayfair can and their garbage customer service can put it where the sun don't shine.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 

Your items look nice. Enjoy!

I’ve looked at their site many times when we were remodeling our finished basement. I looked at lots of shelves, tables, chairs, etc., but I’ve never ordered anything. They sent me coupons for awhile hoping I would order something I guess. 

Honored Contributor

@MKR14    The rolling kitchen island is very, very nice.  Great price too.  Enjoy.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Wayfair purchases

[ Edited ]

The kitchen island came out nicely as we had to put together.

The only problem is getting the smell out of it to use. New wood and the glues that puts some of them together when shipped. It has been 5 days and I have used several things that took some out some of the smell but ground instant coffee works well but I still have a few days yet to use it due to my sensitive sense of smell. 
I ordered a beautiful 3 drawer nightstand from Wayfair and when FedX delivered it I told him to wait for us to check inside as the box was damaged pretty bad on both sides. He just walked away!

Well the back panel was smashed in the center and the side was smashed in. I was livid. 
As I was looking up FedX number I decided to call Wayfair. I was shocked. She said just keep it, throw it away or donate it and she was immediately refunding my money! I offered to send it back or send her photos but she said that was fine.

I told her it was not repairable and would throw it away.

I was going to call FedX and complain but I decided not to as I know what the the FedX man looks like as he has been the driver the last few things I received packages. Trust me he WILL hear from me the next time I see him. He acts like he hates his job and it shows. I have some health issues and my son said not to make myself worse calling them.

Wayfair handled this so fast I could not believe their Customer Service. Within an hour they sent me an email stating the credit has been sent back to my credit card. So pleased.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

The kitchen island came out nicely as we had to put together.

The only problem is getting the smell out of it to use. New wood and the glues that puts some of them together when shipped. It has been 5 days and I have used several things that took some out some of the smell but ground instant coffee works well but I still have a few days yet to use it due to my sensitive sense of smell. 
I ordered a beautiful 3 drawer nightstand from Wayfair and when FedX delivered it I told him to wait for us to check inside as the box was damaged pretty bad on both sides. He just walked away!

Well the back panel was smashed in the center and the side was smashed in. I was livid. 
As I was looking up FedX number I decided to call Wayfair. I was shocked. She said just keep it, throw it away or donate it and she was immediately refunding my money! I offered to send it back or send her photos but she said that was fine.

I told her it was not repairable and would throw it away.

I was going to call FedX and complain but I decided not to as I know what the the FedX man looks like as he has been the driver the last few things I received packages. Trust me he WILL hear from me the next time I see him. He acts like he hates his job and it shows. I have some health issues and my son said not to make myself worse calling them.

Wayfair handled this so fast I could not believe their Customer Service. Within an hour they sent me an email stating the credit has been sent back to my credit card. So pleased.

@MKR14  Friends ordered one of those electric fireplaces from Wayfair. It's fairly large but just the fireplace, no mantel. It came scratched up inside. Wayfair told them to keep it and sent a new one. We got the old one, touched up the scratch and it looks brand new.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14  We bought a kitchen island similar to yours from Wal-mart except it was with a ss top .I really like the design of it. It has the spice rack and knife holder and the smell ! I have had it put together for probably a month or more. Cleaned the whole thing at least twice. Placed bowls of baking soda in the drawers and shelves. I have placed an air purifier in the room and left it on . I still smell it in the mornings when I come into the kitchen before I open the window a bit and turn a small fan on. If you find anything that works --let me know. Smiley Happy Also , DH used some ungentlemanly language putting it together -- he said some seemed backwards ? 

As far as  Wayfair -- I have only ordered a  large rug from them but was happy with delivery and quality of item.