Trusted Contributor

Re: Waterproof Vinyl Plank Flooring

We got LifePoof from Home Depot installed about a year ago in our kitchen and utility room. I recommend it highly! Very easy to clean and haven't had a bit of problem with it.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@hick wrote:

Two years ago, I had Home Depot install Lifeproof luxury planks in my kitchen, dining room, living room, hallways, and 2 bathrooms.

I live in a condo that's on a slab. 

I'm very satisfied with it. 

I wipe it up with a damp mop with stuff that's made for vinyl plank. 

Hi, Hick,

What is the name of the product that you use to clean your vinyl plank flooring that's specifically made for that type of flooring?  Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I chose Mannington laminate for bathroom 13 years ago.  Garbage.  Thank goodness we went with something else from Costco for the rest of the house. Therefore Mannington is on my blacklist for life.  

What product did you get from Costco?  Was it a vinyl plank floor?

Frequent Contributor

We had it put in and I do not like it.   The  planks keep moving leaving big gaps in our floor.  It was put in when they remodled our kitchen.   It was Lowes who did it.

Regular Contributor

Hi There - I initially used vinegar and water.  I read that yes, it's good for the floor and then no, it's not. Smiley Sad

So.....I picked up some "Rejuvenate Luxurty Vinyl Floor Cleaner".  Got it at Home Depot - it got good reviews from people.

I don't scrub my floors very often but this product seems to do a good job.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I chose Mannington laminate for bathroom 13 years ago.  Garbage.  Thank goodness we went with something else from Costco for the rest of the house. Therefore Mannington is on my blacklist for life.  

depglass,

What was it that you found at Costco?  I'd be intersted in knowing the name.  They carry several brands.

Respected Contributor

We were thinking about  luxury vinyl, did research on cheap and very expensive European brands, but honestly they  all look fake to me. We are also on the concrete slab and couldn’t do a real wood.

After a long and painful process we settled on Pergo Outlast Plus Waterproof laminate( Home Depot has it in many options) , I picked Applewood and it looks and feels amazing. Everybody think# it’s the real wood.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA wrote:

We were thinking about  luxury vinyl, did research on cheap and very expensive European brands, but honestly they  all look fake to me. We are also on the concrete slab and couldn’t do a real wood.

After a long and painful process we settled on Pergo Outlast Plus Waterproof laminate( Home Depot has it in many options) , I picked Applewood and it looks and feels amazing. Everybody think# it’s the real wood.

Sanna,

I was unfamiliar with that product.  Thanks for telling me about it.   I just took a look at it on HD's site and it looks great.

It appears that  Pergo Outlast Plus Waterproof flooring is a floating floor that does not have to be glued down.  Was that how your floor was installed?

Did you install it yourself?  We'd like to find something that is easy to install so we can do it ourselves.

Also, did you use an additional underlayment beneath the floor and the concrete?  Because the vinyl planks we looked at were so thin, we felt like we would have to do that to guard against moisture, etc.

Contributor

We have Coretec installed and I love it.  Our contractor installed it and after looking at various brands settled on this one for 2 reasons....1 it had a cork backing and 2 our contractor used it in a florist shop and after several years it still looked great.  I am not sure you would want to install this yourself.  Any negative reviews I read re Coretec or other brands had to do with improper installation, but then you might have more DIY experience than I do.....in fact, almost everyone has more DIY experience LOL!

Respected Contributor

@eurolady wrote:

We have Coretec installed and I love it.  Our contractor installed it and after looking at various brands settled on this one for 2 reasons....1 it had a cork backing and 2 our contractor used it in a florist shop and after several years it still looked great.  I am not sure you would want to install this yourself.  Any negative reviews I read re Coretec or other brands had to do with improper installation, but then you might have more DIY experience than I do.....in fact, almost everyone has more DIY experience LOL!

Eurolady,

Thanks for letting me know about your experience with Coretec.  I have heard good things about it, but have had a hard time finding it in our area.  I'll keep looking for it.

We defintely want something that will look good for a long time.