Super Contributor

I  think it's very calming and pretty.  The ottoman doesn't seem to fit in though.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

Lose the gray ottomon, and add a colorful rug and it would make a huge difference! It is a nice room.

Esteemed Contributor

Not too crazy about the first pic, but absolutely love the second one.  The colors, natural light in the room and that ceiling.......is gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

Why all the hate for the grey ottoman?  I love it.  It pulls out the greys in the wood floors, it is a nice complement to the black accents, and it adds interest as another neutral shade in the room.

I love it.

Honored Contributor

I think this room is lovely. I like the gray ottoman and would change the throw pillow colors to light gray and charcoal to compliment the ottoman.

Super Contributor

As far as the gray ottoman, I think it's pretty, but ... and I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I just don't like warm beige/browns and cool grays together.  To me, they're 2 totally separate color families, 2 different "feels", and it just jarrs my eyes!  I'm no designer by any means, so this is just a personal feeling. 

I see on TV all the time where designers put in brown accents with gray walls and I just can't wrap my head around it!  Of course, at one time I didn't like blue and green together either, but I got used to that! Woman Very Happy

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

Relaxing visual. Thank you for sharing. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

As far as the gray ottoman, I think it's pretty, but ... and I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I just don't like warm beige/browns and cool grays together.  To me, they're 2 totally separate color families, 2 different "feels", and it just jarrs my eyes!  I'm no designer by any means, so this is just a personal feeling. 

I see on TV all the time where designers put in brown accents with gray walls and I just can't wrap my head around it!  Of course, at one time I didn't like blue and green together either, but I got used to that! Woman Very Happy

I think you need both warm and cool tones in a room to balance it.  To me unbalanced rooms are like food that isn't seasoned properly.

Respected Contributor

I find this space absolutely stunning. I love it.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@caroln242 wrote:

I think you need both warm and cool tones in a room to balance it.  To me unbalanced rooms are like food that isn't seasoned properly.

Isn't it odd the way the brain works??  To me, warm and cool together kind of clash and seems "unbalanced" and you're the opposite!  Reminds me of me and my daughter...we're miles apart in our styles!

Man plans. God laughs.