Respected Contributor

As many of you know we moved 7 weeks ago and we left our HE washer and dryer at our old home and kept the traditional W/D that came with the new home.  Units are 5 yrs old.

After 10+ yrs of HE W/D I forgot how wonderful traditional Washers are!

It is 7 weeks and still love how much better our clothes look, feel and smell.

I REALLY like being able to have extra water and space for the clothes to move around freely for extra soiled laundry.

Even though there is more water and no extra spin cycle the clothing comes drier than I expected and dries easy with less wrinkles.

Now my fear is when we need to replace them that only HE models will be available.

(PS- no change in water, we only moved down the street, same water company)

Honored Contributor

I know what you are saying.My son has the old style washers and the clothes are definitely cleaner and fresher.Another mention would be that is is no stale dank smell in the laundry room either.

Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl I can relate, too.  My experiences with HE washers have been pretty mediocre.  If you don't mind my asking, what brand of traditional washer do you have?  I'd love to have a washer that actually cleans and rinses thoroughly the FIRST time!

Honored Contributor

On older posts, users have raved about the Speed Queen washers.  Check here for yourself.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Paisley Park wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl I can relate, too.  My experiences with HE washers have been pretty mediocre.  If you don't mind my asking, what brand of traditional washer do you have?  I'd love to have a washer that actually cleans and rinses thoroughly the FIRST time!

It is a Whirlpool Ulta large capacity.  When I get home I check for more details.

As the PP mentioned Speed Queen have rave reviews.

Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  I've had good experiences with other Whirlpool appliances, so I'm not surprised by your W/D's good performance.  I actually did try the Speed Queen washer a couple of years ago, and while it cleaned well, the first one I got made a weird grinding noise and then the one I exchanged it for had a broken rinse cycle--it wouldn't agitate during the rinse.  I couldn't believe both were lemons because SQ has such a great reputation.  I'd been looking forward to keeping it for 15-20 years.  Oh well...

Esteemed Contributor

Since I had a Sears washer and loved it so I bought a new for it was old. Never again. It stops and makes noise while waiting to fill up again. Never buy one again if I live longer and need one. Awful!

Honored Contributor

I have Maytag, but definitely believe Speed Queen is superior.