Esteemed Contributor

FYI - report via ABC network........caution about using vinegar as a cleaning product.

I've always avoid vinegar for scrubbing..... if vinegar can make great pickles - best to use something else.

Per report - "V" can cause pits in various materials, especially in kitchen cleaning, and cause rubber gaskets to deteriorate.

Just something to consider

Honored Contributor

Re: Vinegar...Consumer Report

When you have hard water, vinegar works great for stains on faucets. It's worth the  risk.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@fthunt   Thank you.  Good to know.  I do use it on certain things, but not full strength.  And I do use white vinegar mixed with baking soda for the occasional burnt stuff at the bottom of a stainless steel pan.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@fthunt. This makes sense as vinegar is an acid.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's great at cleaning old dingy tile grout too.

Honored Contributor

I use distilled white vinegar as a toilet bowl cleaner- it works great!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've used white vinegar and water for 2 decades now in my kitchen especially and on my laminate PergoXP floors. Zero problems. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt 

I've been using it (some what diluted ) on my car windows. Windex did not clean the glass completely.

I now  want to remember to be especially careful near any rubber i.e. widow wipers.

So,Thanks for the reminder.

Honored Contributor

Vinegar mixed with baking soad certainly cleans my white stove top around all the burners too. Never use anything else to keep it clean and it takes only a few minutes too.

Honored Contributor

Yes, i used vinegar in our home we had built,in 2000, no longer live there, but moped my tile floors,tiled shower, it did damage both. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.