Respected Contributor

Guess, as often, I have to disagree. I really like Jill and I think that she and Valerie work well together. I only saw a few minutes of this show, but didn't see anything wrong with the combo. I heard enough from the host and vendor, and didn't see the problem you all saw.

I did watch the show with Valerie and Shawn, and I thought they worked beautifully together and enjoyed each other. I enjoyed the show.

Valued Contributor

I really enjoyed seeing how Valerie displayed the tsv, and the other mercury glass items. What a beauitful set---like always! Love ya Valerie{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The Home shows are really my faves on QVC!

Contributor

agree lamblet I turned it off too... well said = let the expert of the product explain the product Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I almost bought the in/outdoor ottomans but the $12.00 plus s/h is ridiculous! I bought four indoor ottomans from JCP for my girls hangout room and together, the shipping was about HALF. They come folded flat...puleeeeze QVC, who are you kidding?

Trusted Contributor
On 4/8/2014 mgm2 said:

I almost bought the in/outdoor ottomans but the $12.00 plus s/h is ridiculous! I bought four indoor ottomans from JCP for my girls hangout room and together, the shipping was about HALF. They come folded flat...puleeeeze QVC, who are you kidding?

Agreed! I wanted to get an ottoman for my mom today but the price was about 30 and the shipping was 10. I just didn't want to spend that much on one of those. I'll check at Home Goods.
KJPA
Trusted Contributor
I have to disagree too. I enjoy Jill very much - it's the Stepford Wife Valerie that I can't stand watching. Seems like such a phony to me.
Honored Contributor
On 4/8/2014 KJPA said:
On 4/8/2014 mgm2 said:

Agreed! I wanted to get an ottoman for my mom today but the price was about 30 and the shipping was 10. I just didn't want to spend that much on one of those. I'll check at Home Goods.

I was able to order several of what was left of the old stock when they had the reduced shipping a few days ago. It makes the full shipping seem even more obscene now. They were down to $5 shipping, and $2.50 shipping for additional sets. They didn't have the new ones offered today, of course, and they were out of a lot of colors in the various other sets, but I was able to get several I needed. Q needs to get control of this shipping. Why oh why can't they offer the shipping other retailers do?

Contributor

I like Jill very much as a host but I have to agree she should not be paired with Valerie. I watched Valerie this morning with Carolyn and really enjoyed the show. Carolyn added her comments but Valerie presented everything. When I saw Jill with Valerie this evening I just changed the channel. :-(

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2014 mominohio said:
On 4/8/2014 KJPA said:
On 4/8/2014 mgm2 said:

I was able to order several of what was left of the old stock when they had the reduced shipping a few days ago. It makes the full shipping seem even more obscene now. They were down to $5 shipping, and $2.50 shipping for additional sets. They didn't have the new ones offered today, of course, and they were out of a lot of colors in the various other sets, but I was able to get several I needed. Q needs to get control of this shipping. Why oh why can't they offer the shipping other retailers do?

When I had my gift basket business, I worked with a lady who headed up the gift division of a large meat company. They were known for their Beauty Hams- they sold tons of them, along with many other items in their catalog. When she had a custom order for multiple item baskets, I created them for her she purchased them and then she would ship them out. My contact told me that each year she had to meet with FEDEX to see what her discount rate was. It was based on her previous year's volume. When companies ship ALOT, as this company did, they get to dicker a bit with their shippers. The shippers know that it's a give and take situation- if the customer doesn't get the shipping discount they think they deserve-they can always take their business elsewhere to UPS, for instance.

I shipped baskets all over the country, and I had a flat rate shipping rate for certain basket price ranges. Sometimes I lost a few dollars when one went to the west coast, and sometimes I came out ahead when a basket was being shipped to a fairly nearby location. All in all, things evened out over the course of the year with loosing on some and gaining on others. (if this makes sense). The UPS online software would keep track of my shipping, and I would get better rates when my volume of shipping was up.

I am sure that the Q gets a huge discount from their shipper. (UPS) They also charge a flat rate for shipping, for instance, a $50 item. They probably pay UPS a higher rate to ship that piece when it is going to the west coast, vs when it is going to Ohio. So they probably win and loose on their shipping too. Another possibility is that the Q may have even contracted with UPS for a flat rate for a certain price range item that remains the same regardless of where it is going. With either scenario mentioned above, you can be sure they are not loosing money on shipping. The volume of the Q shipping is huge, and they happily pocket the difference, rather than give the customer a shipping break. It's just more money in their coffers. It's a way of doing business. (not that I am happy about it- I was considering two of Valerie's items today and when I calculated the end price with tax and shipping, I passed.)

Regular Contributor
On 4/8/2014 Alsee said: I have to disagree too. I enjoy Jill very much - it's the Stepford Wife Valerie that I can't stand watching. Seems like such a phony to me.

</ Yes she is a very RICH stepford wife.....how many millions have you made lately?