Honored Contributor

Understated Traditional Dining Room...

14-AMP_0401-BethErvin.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Re: Understated Traditional Dining Room...

I don't know where you are finding these pictures but they are so sterile and lack any warmth.

Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

I don't know where you are finding these pictures but they are so sterile and lack any warmth.

Different strokes, I suppose, is the order of the day... Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Lovely dining room. 

Honored Contributor

It’s an ok room. I like the table and chairs. The red flowers in the silver urns are too large IMO. I don’t like the drapes, chandelier, or flooring. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't find it understated at all.  I think it's formal looking.  I'm guessing the hutch is in the room somewhere.  Only parts I like are the large windows & side door.

Valued Contributor

I love this room! So few people seem to use traditional decor anymore. I adore it. Traditional is always in style IMO.

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

I don't find it understated at all.  I think it's formal looking.  I'm guessing the hutch is in the room somewhere.  Only parts I like are the large windows & side door.

@ScenicMaine  Yes agree, definitely a 'formal' dining room. Understated, for me, because though it might be a more formal traditional room, it's still relatively simple. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, there's a minimum of 'stuff' (china, crystal, etc.) sitting around and the floor covering is natural fiber as opposed to a pricey, intricate rug or carpet. The ceiling fixture and art work are also on the more simple side...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It will pass except for the drapes, window shades, chandelier and floor covering! Unfortunately, that does not leave much to pass!

Honored Contributor

I like it but not in my home.