Respected Contributor

Re: Understated Traditional Dining Room...

such a pretty room.  i love it! 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @50Mickey .  Lovely!

Honored Contributor

I  like  it too.  Very traditional.

Trusted Contributor

I like the drapes and the chandelier. I would change the color of the chairs. Beautiful table!

Honored Contributor

I like it

Honored Contributor

It's not very ME but I think it really is lovely.

Honored Contributor

I find this dining room very appealing.  The only change I would make is to add some color, I would have the walls painted  a light blue or have the chairs covered in a color, just my taste.  

Respected Contributor

Just figure this room will be great on the east coast but living in the west or southwest no way. No heavy drapes with our heat and I do have a dinning room but hardly use it. Lifestyle here is outdoor or casual. Just depends where you live. New houses are just so open without dinning rooms. Huge island kitchens that can seat 6 open to family room. I feel like living in a fishbowl. This is what they want & they will build it, no yard have community pool & bike paths with small picnic areas with playground. Busy families low maintenance on top of eachother and for a great price $500,000. plus HOA.  wow and they buy them up. I don't understand. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this room for people who can afford a formal DR.  I would change the drapes, tho.  Too busy for the rest of the room. 

Respected Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

I love this room! So few people seem to use traditional decor anymore. I adore it. Traditional is always in style IMO.

I am a fan of t raditional decor. Never goes out of style. It's nice to see a traditional dining room with a beautiful chandelier, table and chairs and no tin signs saying EAT stuck on the walls.