Trusted Contributor

I saw this on YouTube, and it really works. Mix equal parts blue Dawn dish soap and white vinegar. Put it in a spray bottle. Spray the tub liberally, let it sit for an hour, and rinse. This works great if you have trouble bending and scrubbing the tub. Does a good job on soap scum, you can use a long handled brush if you need it.

Respected Contributor

Fabulous!!  I can't wait to try this.  I currently use KABOOM w/oxiclean as for me, the best scum-buster.  Anything I can do to save my poor 'ole knees & back.  

Honored Contributor

I use Avon Skin so Soft bath oil every day in my bath and it leaves a oily ring in the tub , all I do is wipe it down with a magic eraser and rinse, all gone. Only takes a moment.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for this post.  I am actually looking forward to the weekend cleaning to try it.  (Never thought I would say I was looking forward to cleaning a tub)Man Surprised

Respected Contributor

I can vouch for the Blue Dawn and Vinegar, it works.  My instructions, though, say to heat the vinegar before adding the Dawn to improve the emulsification.

One caution:  This stuff is slippery.  Be careful, especially in the shower.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor
I used this mixture about a year ago and the vinegar made it smell awful! With 5 baths it was a real incentive for me to try but the after smell I didn't like. There are too many really good cleaners on the market that really do smell good and also do a great job. I used up my bottle but hated the smell everytime I used it.
Honored Contributor

I heard of this recipe and used this concoction in my old house in the shower of my master bath. It worked rather well. We always had a problem with a lot of soap scum on the glass doors. It worked! And, unlike the previous poster, I rather like the smell of this stuff. Never bothered me, and I have a very sensitive sense of smell!

"Pure Michigan"