Honored Contributor

Re: Transitional Great Room..

Love the space.  I'd move the two stools which really just take up space.  They're trying to achieve formal balance.

Interesting that they stacked two floor coverings which can be seen to the far left.

Honored Contributor

Love the windows but where are the blinds?  I see there are drapes on the right end but I would not want to cover all the windows.  Thus, the need for blinds IMHO.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

The room is beautiful but it's just too large for me.  When you are in a room that spacious it seems to lose the cozy feel.

I love lots of windows in a room but that one has too many for me. Trying to keep them clean would be a nightmare.  Of course if you can afford a home like that I'm sure you could easily afford a window cleaning service.

Esteemed Contributor

Really like the ceiling.  The two stools would have to go.  Can't decide on the windows.  I like them, but wonder if I could live with them.  Maybe it would depend on which direction they faced and what kind of climate.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

it's a great room! I would change out the chandeliers for different ones.  I'd remove the blue chairs and replace them .... with somethng, but I'm not sure what yet.  I would also want to make sure that the drapes are very airy and not heavy/formal.  Shutters could also be a nice look, but I think I'd probably go with curtains.

Honored Contributor

very pretty and I love big open windows, but I agree I need to be able to close some drapes or shutters or blinds at night!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb. It's  a lovely room, but, at night, I prefer window coverings.  Even if I lived on substantial acreage, I prefer not being on display.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like there are drapes (curtains) on the windows. It's a beautiful room IMO - I'd take it "as is"!

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

This room is very pretty & relaxing looking.  I like the blend of blue & neutral colors.  Not loving the chandelier style too much though.  I agree about some sort of window covering, maybe a very pretty shade that still allows light in but gives a sense of privacy & blocks direct sunlight if a person prefers that.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb ................Im going to guess there are more curtains at the left end of the windows, and when you close them they meet in the middle.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)