Honored Contributor

This isn't bad, but in my world, windows need window coverings...

shome_image002_RGB_1080x768_1939144.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Transitional Great Room..

[ Edited ]

That's ME!  One hundred percent me!  Love it!  But I would have shutters on the bottoms of the windows maybe but probably wouldn't close them anyway. 

I am looking at a footstool/ottoman piece that is exactly that color as the tops of the two stools, has the nailheads on it, but is covered to the floor with little block feet.  The nailheads go all the way down on each corner and the sides have a "waist" shape.

It came from our last house to this one and I could kick myself for not buying two!  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   In my next life, when I live on acreage and have live-in help!

Honored Contributor

Nice room .... but for someone other than me!

My usual response ..... too much natural light - too many windows.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb ..............Looks like there are curtains at the far right of the windows.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@stevieb ..............Looks like there are curtains at the far right of the windows.

@Imaoldhippie  Thanks for pointing them out because there sure are! I'm not sure there's enough volume there to cover all those large windows, but there's clearly something !

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the space of the room, something I wish I had.  The furnishings are okay but I would make changes to suit my taste.  

I too need privacy and would have drapes so that I could close at night and during the day expose what windows I want.  I believe there are drapes in the photo.

Respected Contributor

I love the windows but I would want a valance across the top and then just a curtain panel hanging down on each side. The room is a little sterile looking also.

Honored Contributor

I like the ceiling!  That's about it.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Imaoldhippie @stevieb 

You're right!  The drapes are an exact match with the wall and hard to see.  If you look closely, there is a black rod that runs the entire set of windows.