Respected Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Boy, am I glad I don't Fall decorate!  I am seeing so much that I really like in Valerie's midnight show that I woud be one broke woman.  If I were younger, I might start Fall decorating along with Christmas.  I have always liked the autumn colors and everything I see tonight I want.

I also wish I had space (and money) to buy the beadboard 2-drawer/2-door cabinet

@KathyM23  You are lucky you didn't get started. I have more Fall than Christmas decor. It is hard for me to pass up a pumpkin. 

Respected Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

I agree 100% ! Sunflowers mixed in are perfect for transitioning some decor from Summer to Fall . They seem to fit in with so much 

@wifey2qt    So true, I think I will go in that direction.

Respected Contributor

Once Spring is over and I've taken down my wreaths, I don't put anything up until mid October.  It's not that I don't want to but I live in the Southeast and the sun hits my front doors all day long and many wreaths have gotten ruined. My wooden doors are all peeling on the bottom and we're looking into putting steel doors instead.  It stays so hot so long here, that it's hard to put up Fall decor when we're still swimming in the pool.  Google "transitional wreaths", a lot of pretty things come up.  I've noticed many homes in my area have wreaths like that.

Honored Contributor

This time of year, my hydrangeas are *darkening* a bit (turning a burgundy) and look more like fall colors than their original vivid pinks and purples.  Even my white ones are turning a red-ish color. 

Zinnias and Shasta Daisies in yellows and orange are a great cut flower to bring inside for fall.  I include the darker pinks in bouquets because they bring my indoor colors together.  For some reason, my white/ivory ones didn't bloom.  But they, too, would look pretty.

I try to plant flowers and shrubs that can be used for vases, I think everything in my back yard can be cut and brought inside at one point or another.

Honored Contributor

After my patriotic stuff came down, I decorated my covered porch with sunflowers. Hobby Lobby had what I wanted on sale.

Honored Contributor

Re: Transitional Decorating

[ Edited ]

@panda1234    How about something like this:

Early Fall Decorating Ideas (Simple Vignettes with Flowers) - Calypso in  the Country

Honored Contributor

@panda1234   Here's one more.  I think apples can go anytime of the year

Apples in a Crock           

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pot of faux sunflowers year round in my home.  They are just so pretty and bright!  I also have a cotton wreath that is up inside, I never put either of those things away.  I will keep my patriotic decor (I only have a small amount) up until Labor day weekend then I transition over to fall and I have to say, I'm looking forward to it.

Honored Contributor

Fall decorating is my favorite seasonal theme.  I usually wait until September 1 which technically is still summer.

Honored Contributor

I love decorating for fall and enjoy it for 3 months. Will need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby and Home Goods soon. I find the autumnal colors very comforting. Add in some good books, a fire in the fireplace, a good pumpkin latte or hot chocolate, a warm throw, a fragrant candle and I don't want to leave the house.