Honored Contributor

Traditional & Comfortable Room

I like this room. The architecture & most of the furnishings appeal to me. Love the windows & built-ins. The sofas look comfortable. I like the neutral colors, but would swap out a few pillows with darker ones from colors in the rug. 

My main criticism is the position of the TV is horrible. You can’t see it very well from any seat.  I would have fewer items on the built in shelves. I don’t think the chair near the fireplace is necessary. 

Other opinions? 

A30CC6BD-E860-41C4-8A46-BCDC31BEF13E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Traditional & Comfortable Room

For those that like the color palette it's a beautiful. Unfortunately it's not my choice.  I prefer more color.  I agree the TV placement is pretty bad.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thoughts are similar to yours.

The room needs to be edited, starting with too much furniture.

The other is an issue i am having in my (much smaller!) LR as well: too much brown / wood tones along with beige walls and area rug . Color needed!

Esteemed Contributor

The furniture seems a bit large for the space. There's a lot of poofiness in those cushions. The TV placement is ridiculous, an afterthought that literally and figuratively would be a pain in the neck. The room does look comfortable. They just need to put the painting elsewhere and put the TV over the fireplace.

Esteemed Contributor

Picture above fireplace would be replaced with the TV. I like the colors in the room. I really don't like all those cushions on a couch. The chair by the fireplace is a bit much. 

Respected Contributor

I really like the room itself but the colours of the furnishings/carpet not my choice at all -  t,v. In wrong place and agree chairs not needed by fireplace.

Respected Contributor

Love it all, except for the TV (really?), and the beige-ness.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I like symmetry and serenity, which I think are what the designer was striving for here, but this room is just boring, box-like, and colorless.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA it needs more color. They could have at least used some color in all those throw pillows & rug. I hate the rug.

The TV also needs to be some place where it's usable.

Honored Contributor

There are a few changes I would make to suit my taste but over all I do like the appeal of this room, very nice!