Esteemed Contributor

Re: Traditional & Comfortable Room

I really like this room.  Of course, I don’t favor lean rooms, so not too much in the room fir me.  Of course, there is the Tv issue.  But I bet there is a huge TV in an adjacent family room.

Not my usual colors, but I find this room very soothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this room.  Of course, I don’t favor lean rooms, so not too much in the room fir me.  Of course, there is the TV issue.  But I bet there is a huge TV in an adjacent family room.

Not my usual colors, but I find this room very soothing.

Honored Contributor

First off, I love the room! I do think the chair by the fireplace isn't necessary. I love the couches and the chairs, and I do also think the tv needs to go above the fireplace in place of a picture. I do like the pillows on the couches, but would put a couple with a bit more color, too much neutral.

I also think a little too much on the built ins......Every little space doesn't need to be taken up......Love the coffee table as well.  

Respected Contributor

The room is really nice. The TV I agree is in the wrong place. I would put the couch where the two chairs are and get rid of one couch. Put a couple more comfy chairs along with in this case the TV over the fireplace.

Honored Contributor

Although it wouldn't be my choice, the rug makes the room.  Without it, the room would be blah and ordinary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Well, let's see.......I would get rid of that couch in the bottom of the pic, move the couch in front of the french doors to that position so you could see out the doors. 

Move the TV to the corner on a nice credenza, get rid of the chair blocking the fireplace.

Put end tables and lamps beside the couches, get sofa tables for behind the couches and change the colors of the couches and the rug.

There, that should do it....simple Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

An attractive room, handsome architecture with lovely light streaming in-- that's such a plus.

The two long, matching, rather massive couches facing off against each other-- that I feel, goes a little against the traditional spirit of the room.  I might have had a slightly smaller scale in them, and would have one be different, maybe a shorter settee, or two easy chairs.  It feels like there's perhaps too much furniture in the room.

The wall color is pretty and airy, but I feel it needs to be "creamier" if you are going to have that earthier color scheme in the rug, couches, pillows and curtains...

Honored Contributor

This is not comfortable in my book.
Esteemed Contributor

The design and the features of this room are wonderful, i.e., the fireplace, built-in shelves, columns, and French doors. But all of that furniture takes away from the beauty of the room's features. The couches are big and heavy looking, the coffee table is big and bulky, and the area rug is distracting, and all of the furniture is in that same neutral color. I doubt this family watches that TV very often, which is probably why it is where it's placed. I sure wouldn't ruin the looks of that beautiful fireplace with a TV placed above it (the TV would be the least of my concerns). Nothing in that rooms melds together....!

Honored Contributor

The room itself is bright and airy. I like the sofas and the chair doesn't bother me. Brighter pillows on the sofas would give it a more updated look. 

I don't like the rug at all...and I guess they have to stand in  the corner of the room to watch TV...strange!