Honored Contributor

They Call This Refined Rustic

seating area in front of fireplace with rustic club chairs

Do you agree?  I love these chairs. My grandmother had a pair of chairs like these and I always found them to be comfortable and stylish in almost any decor.

Honored Contributor

Re: They Call This Refined Rustic

[ Edited ]

I don't find anything rustic in this room. I think this looks rather ho-hum. Wing chairs - when done right, I like them too. My parents had thwo matching and a third one in the living rm when I was very little. Wish I could have kept them myself. I also wish I had the curved 3-piece sectional they had too.

Honored Contributor

Refined Rustic Living Room | Rustic living room furniture, Classic home  decor, Home

I see this one as more "refined rustic".  It may be because I have a wood vaulted ceiling in a very big great room and it definitely presents a challenge when going for that look.

Trusted Contributor

I don't find anything in this room rustic.

It reminds me of how many of the victorian homes in my hometown were decorated. 

Respected Contributor

At least they are not calling it Modern Farmhouse.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just can't get around the ceiling--is way too dark--maybe painted  partially or white washed, or stained ---and they are a hefty part of the decor---

and are kind of an orange color---that I hate!! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish we could see more @jubilant It's hard to label the look with such a tiny snippet. I like simple, so I do like what I see. I would make a few tweaks and changes to suit my own taste. 

I was posting and didn't see the second picture. Yes. this is refined rustic. 

Honored Contributor

Both rooms lack color and warmth.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Just can't get around the ceiling--is way too dark--maybe painted  partially or white washed, or stained ---and they are a hefty part of the decor---

and are kind of an orange color---that I hate!! 

I find the ceiling the best part. But then again I'm so over white everything except walls. I don't like white furniture, cabinets, window treatments. I'm more into leather furniture, wood and tile floors, shutters, no carpeting.

Honored Contributor

Are they "for real" with this room?  More like a photo shoot layout than a real-life room.

White fireplace and white furniture so close to the fireplace?  The chair on the left too close to the door.

What's with the mirror behind the chair on the right?

seating area in front of fireplace with rustic club chairs