Honored Contributor

These Used to be on All the Time- What Happened?

Haan steamers (and Shark too, IIRC).

Has steaming become passe?  If you use a steamer for cleaning, how do you like it?  

http://www.qvc.com/Haan-Dual-Steam-Floor-Sanitizer-w-Handheld-Steamer.product.V34363.html

Trusted Contributor

Re: These Used to be on All the Time- What Happened?

@lolakimono

My mom has the Haan steamer and she loves it.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I couldn't live without mine.  I have a Wagner now and love it as well as a smaller Polti for our vacation cottage.  I can clean the kitchen and bathroom in so much less time using it.  All don't have a stainless steel pressure tank and I wouldn't want one that doesn't.

Honored Contributor

@Pook

Have you been successful cleaning an oven with it? Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it is all about them saturating the market and not enough sales after awhile.

I used to read reviews on them, and many were not good. Seems some of them quit working after a short time.

I would love to have one, but mostly carpet here, so I never invested. 

I'm guessing that it might be, for a lot of people, another one of those things they buy and use a lot at first, then it makes it's way to the back of the closet. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@lolakimono  I couldn't live without mine.  I have a Wagner now and love it as well as a smaller Polti for our vacation cottage.  I can clean the kitchen and bathroom in so much less time using it.  All don't have a stainless steel pressure tank and I wouldn't want one that doesn't.

@Pook

Thanks for posting about the stainless steel pressure tank. That must be a feature on a better one or more expensive brands? 

If I did invest, I wouldn't want one that didn't hold up.

Esteemed Contributor

Unless I was dreaming 😄 I am sure  that I saw it on QVC within the last 2 weeks.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Pook

Have you been successful cleaning an oven with it? Cat Happy

@lolakimonoIt does a great job on the door but it does take some time but really easy.  I have used it when something spilled over but I have a gas stove and oven so I wouldn't want to put the pilot out. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe people have adopted my suggestion that kitchens be made so you could just spray them with detergent and hose them down.  So much faster and cleaner than all that scrubbing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had a floor steamer and hated it.  I don't remember what brand it was.  It was extremely hard to push, and that's why I didn't like it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau