Honored Contributor

Re: There are some fall selections In

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

That does it! I am going into my garage today and am going to start bringing in the orange bins! I have my tall ladder out to clean my plant shelves and the fall garland and pumpkins are going up!

Back to work on Friday....that is my deadline! Love my fall decor!

@flickerbulb  Me too! I brought up a couple of bins from the basement about an hour ago. I've started the process of removing our Spring/Summer decor, wiping/dusting them off and putting them away Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise  Hi SL: sounds like we are all in the same frame of mind this weekend.  I always enjoy looking at your pics so I hope you have a chance to post some more this year as you get all your decor switched over.

@MTH  Thanks! I'll post pics sometime before the end of the week. Most of our Fall decor vignettes will be the same with a few tweaks here and there maybe in the livingroom. I can't see changing most of it because DH and I liked it so much. 

I am excited to use the new wreath from Grandin Road in the kitchen and since I plan on getting the new Luminara lantern on the 4th, I'll have to add that pic of how I use it after I get it of coarse.

I am on the fence about the new 'red' mosaic lamp of VPH's...might pass on that since I'll be getting the lantern.

And when I tour the stores this week, I'll be looking for specific pieces to tie a few things together. Hopefully I won't see too many things that I can't leave in the store...LOL  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

That does it! I am going into my garage today and am going to start bringing in the orange bins! I have my tall ladder out to clean my plant shelves and the fall garland and pumpkins are going up!

Back to work on Friday....that is my deadline! Love my fall decor!

@flickerbulb  Me too! I brought up a couple of bins from the basement about an hour ago. I've started the process of removing our Spring/Summer decor, wiping/dusting them off and putting them away Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise  Hi SL: sounds like we are all in the same frame of mind this weekend.  I always enjoy looking at your pics so I hope you have a chance to post some more this year as you get all your decor switched over.

@MTH  Thanks! I'll post pics sometime before the end of the week. Most of our Fall decor vignettes will be the same with a few tweaks here and there maybe in the livingroom. I can't see changing most of it because DH and I liked it so much. 

I am excited to use the new wreath from Grandin Road in the kitchen and since I plan on getting the new Luminara lantern on the 4th, I'll have to add that pic of how I use it after I get it of coarse.

I am on the fence about the new 'red' mosaic lamp of VPH's...might pass on that since I'll be getting the lantern.

And when I tour the stores this week, I'll be looking for specific pieces to tie a few things together. Hopefully I won't see too many things that I can't leave in the store...LOL  Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Your living room was gorgeous as I recall the pic.  I can see why you wouldn't want to change it.  Looks like you enjoy putting it all together.  The GR wreath looks beautiful in the pic so seeing that will be nice.  Not sure whether I'm interested in teh Luminara lantern. Will have to wait and see.  I never got into the lantern thing so not sure I want to add that at this point. 

Good luck shopping.  I want to look for some Fall florals to put in a few pitchers I have.  I bought some really full, beautiful ones at P1 early in the summer but they are mostly white and yellow and dont really go with my Fall items.  Other than that, I hope to not spend much more either.  

Trusted Contributor

Y'all are getting me too excited.  I'm on my third cup of coffee and gearing up to hit the stores.  Just called Pottery Barn, and they said they had some harvest stuff out.  Also going to hit the second Big Lots store in my area (posted pictures of what I found at the first one last week in the Harvest Decorating Thread), and also going to hit Michael's and JoAnn's.  I might as well hit Gordman's and the BB&B while I'm at it.  Who's coming with me?

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Y'all are getting me too excited.  I'm on my third cup of coffee and gearing up to hit the stores.  Just called Pottery Barn, and they said they had some harvest stuff out.  Also going to hit the second Big Lots store in my area (posted pictures of what I found at the first one last week in the Harvest Decorating Thread), and also going to hit Michael's and JoAnn's.  I might as well hit Gordman's and the BB&B while I'm at it.  Who's coming with me?

I'd love to, but unless I can fly, I won't be able to get there in time.  Have fun and hoping you find some beautiful bargains.

Trusted Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@PeterDM  I'd love to come....gonna hit my stores tomorrow.  Let me know what you find, especially at Pottery barn.  That is the only store not close by. I will be able to hit HL, P1 and Michaels all in a row.  My HL has most of its Fall stuff out already and they have started the Christmas shelves.  

Trusted Contributor

Just got back from a shopping trip that included:

Big Lots:

Got an 18" Maple tree with 24 LED lights on a 6 hour timer (4 AA Batteries) for $20.  Looks great, and will great in my Charlie Brown Great Pumpin Patch.  There is some seriously beautiful harvest decor here.  Beautiful wreaths for $18, table wreaths with glass hurricanes in the middle, garland at $12.  I would consider a visit before VPH's show on Tuesday. 

Pottery Barn:

Only a few Harvest items up.  No halloween.  Saw the pumpkin coffee mugs (smaller than I expected) and some table settings.

Williams Sonoma:

Surprised they didn't have much of anything out, especially considering I received an email earlier today with their fall lineup.  Picked up some of my favorite hand soap.

Michaels:

Amazing Harvest and Halloween decor!  The Halloween stuff is very elegant.  They have wreaths, cloches, metal haunted houses and lanters with beautiful etchings and spots to hold tea lights.  The harvest garlands are 40% off.  Good variety.  Waiting for a sale, and I'll go back and relieve them of some of that Halloween stuff.  I picked up a blank 24 x 30 canvas for my Great Pumpkin project which I'll cover with the fabric I bought at:

JoAnn:

Lean in the harvest department, although Garland was on sale for $9, which was pretty good.  Bought some fabric.

Gordman's:

Lots of velvet pumpkins, some glass pumpkins and big sale on candles (picked up 2).  

It was a pretty good day, and I tempered myself considering it was tax free weekend in Arkansas!

Super Contributor

@PeterDM do you remember if Michael's had any nice halloween garland? I am looking for a nice one and see on one on Pier 1, but waiting to see what Michael's has first. Nice to hear all the stores are getting their things out.

Trusted Contributor

@KellKats wrote:

@PeterDM do you remember if Michael's had any nice halloween garland? I am looking for a nice one and see on one on Pier 1, but waiting to see what Michael's has first. Nice to hear all the stores are getting their things out.

No, I did not see any halloween garland yet, but they were still setting up. In the past, they have had a few selections.  They do have lots of Halloween picks and stems.

Respected Contributor

@PeterDM thanks for the info on your finds. Helps me to know where to shop!