Trusted Contributor

Got this in my newsfeed and thought I would share.

It's amazing what a good wallpaper can do.....

A white dining room with a plant in the corner

A pink floral room with a wooden dining table    

A large floral wallpapered dining room

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

Re: The power of Wallpaper.....

I have always been a fan of wallpaper.  Of course it depends on the pattern and colors but that is the fun of it, picking out what you like.  I especially like wallpaper in bathrooms and kitchens.  Wallpaper can perk up a room or enhance the furnishings, you need a balance so it doesn't overwhelm.. The downside for me was taking it off of the walls when I wanted a change.   Too much work so I ended up having my walls painted but I still love wallpaper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

when used spareling in a home, it can be very nice. If you need to sell your home likely you will have to remove it

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I agree. I like it when it's used sparingly to accent say a nook or entry wall, etc. That's how I've used it in my house. Would I use that wall paper in that room if it were mine? I'm not sure but I think it's beautiful.

I don't know if I'd personally ever be that bold because I prefer a more toned down, simple look but I appreciate the difference it makes and made.

I think that room with the limited wall space and open airiness that the windows provide, can handle that busier wall paper and I like it against  the dark teal trim.

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Valued Contributor

I definitely prefer the before. Simple and clean. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the Before also.  It was lovely.

Honored Contributor

Wallpaper is fine if you like removing it plus prepping the walls for paint. No fun. I prefer painted walls I can change easily.  The color in the before picture is what we have now with flat white ceilings. 

Just read an article earlier that says people are looking for charcoal to dark gray colors. Not me. I don't want any dark colors. I like light, bright & sunny.

Honored Contributor

That's too dramatic for me, but I do admit to liking some wallpaper. What I would like to see in that room is something my neighbor had done. The wall was painted a neutral color, but then the painter rolled an iridescent glaze over the paint. It's hard to describe, but you can select from hundreds of stripes and patterns (the glaze can be tinted but I like the pearly look).  It ends up looking like wallpaper but without a vivid splash of color.

Valued Contributor

OMG- that wallpaper is hideous!!! The before picture is more my style. That wallpaper gives me a headache!!! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Glitter51 Now tell me what you really think??? haha