Honored Contributor

The BEST candles

[ Edited ]

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Always good to hear recommendations! I've become a goosie with Goose Creek Candles,and can't say enough about them as well. Made in the USA - strong and wonderful scents. So glad to always hear about products that are made in our country!

Respected Contributor

A word of advice on burning candles.  Even the very best candles will deposit soot on your walls, furniture, window treatments and your lungs.  I used to light good quality candles every evening.  When we were packing up to move I couldn't believe how dirty the walls and window treatments were.  It was obvious where something had been hanging on a wall because that area was clean while the wall around it was dirty.  Same with the Duette window treatments.  It was disgusting.

Even more important, keep your eyes on the candles.  Our house almost caught fire one Christmas Eve when a candle burned through the glass container and the wooden cabinet it was sitting on caught fire.  There were flames by the time we realized there was a problem.  Place your candles on a fire proof surface. 

I rarely burn candles now even though it is something I really enjoyed. 

Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Always good to hear recommendations! I've become a goosie with Goose Creek Candles,and can't say enough about them as well. Made in the USA - strong and wonderful scents. So glad to always hear about products that are made in our country!

I also just recently discovered  Goose Creek candles and wax melts.... I LOVE THEM!!... Sooo much nicer than Harry's ... Like they're made here in the USA.... and the candles burn clean!... with great throw...I have been converted!..

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

A word of advice on burning candles.  Even the very best candles will deposit soot on your walls, furniture, window treatments and your lungs.  I used to light good quality candles every evening.  When we were packing up to move I couldn't believe how dirty the walls and window treatments were.  It was obvious where something had been hanging on a wall because that area was clean while the wall around it was dirty.  Same with the Duette window treatments.  It was disgusting.

Even more important, keep your eyes on the candles.  Our house almost caught fire one Christmas Eve when a candle burned through the glass container and the wooden cabinet it was sitting on caught fire.  There were flames by the time we realized there was a problem.  Place your candles on a fire proof surface. 

I rarely burn candles now even though it is something I really enjoyed. 

I;m so sorry you had to go through that...I also know someone that happened to...it burned up her coffee table and almost her home...

I always burn my candles on top of my stove, so most of the soot will go up into the exhaust fan... I also use a metal candle topper to keep the soot down...

I never burn my candles for more than two hours at a time to keep it safer...and not on a daily basis..

I like burning candles, but I mostly use a wax warmer for safety purposes , less soot ... and I can still get the scent throughout my home...

Thanks so much for the reminder to fire safety while burning candles... It's always good to pass the word...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and a Happy Holiday season... and continue to be safe.!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, I don't see a name of the candles.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I like these:                                

Thymes - Frasier Fir Pine Needle Decorative Glass Jar Candle with 50-Hour Burn Time - 6.5 Ounces

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

I like these:                                

Thymes - Frasier Fir Pine Needle Decorative Glass Jar Candle with 50-Hour Burn Time - 6.5 Ounces

They are the best,each year i get them, got two this year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@alliswell wrote:

I like these:                                

They are the best,each year i get them, got two this year.

@goldensrbest  Thank you for recommending them last year - they are the best  @goldensrbest   Heart

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  Aroma Naturals based in California.

kindness is strength