Respected Contributor
Is there a test for lead content? Especially concerned about coffee cups and bowls. Since my Pottery Barn cups way too hot from microwave I am suspicious.
Honored Contributor

This is the kind I usually get-

You can order online.Walmart has them also.

I've pretty much tested everything in our home, over the years.

Only one or 2 things showed lead-they were some large pottery I bought at a consignment shop.I was happy to see that the dishes, cups from china had no lead.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

You can pick one up from a good old fashioned hardware store.

If it tests positive, please call the FDA. They are responsible for testing dishes, serveware, etc. that's imported into the USA.

While they do a good job of sampling, tainted items can find their way into our country.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't know there was anything available to check lead content. Thanks so much!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

If you are looking for lead free dishware, Fiesta is a good way to go.  

Years ago, I would've never given them a thought, but now with the worries of lead and toxic paint, etc. , I can count on Fiesta for my table ware and bakeware.

Made in the USA, too!

Honored Contributor

I just made sure my coffee cups weren’t made in China. They’re made in Portugal, guess I should check them anyway.

Respected Contributor
I get the whole, some might get through thing, as I have a collectors glass from the McDonald's Shrek collection that has the cadmium tainted paint. I use it for pens. The cups may not be really made well for microwave use or you are microwaving them for too long in one go. Try using less time in spurts. You can also write Pottery Barn or google to see if there are any complaints about those particular cups. That may be able to tell you more quickly than anything else.
Respected Contributor
@ in the bay
And other responders

Thank you for this valuable information. I don’t know why I had never thought of an available kit , especially from reputable brand. I will immediately pick up and go through kitchen.