Super Contributor

Talking about new refrigerators

I just bought a new LG top-freezer refrigerator from Costco.  It makes so many strange and irritating sounds that I am exchanging it in hopes of getting a quieter one.  

Does anyone have any experience with LG linear compressors?  Do they all sound like a loud bee-hive/drone for long periods of time?  

I hope the new one is better, but now I am getting nervous.  I replaced all my 25-year old appliances with LG black stainless, but I'm afraid that the new refrigerator will have the same annoying drone.     

Respected Contributor

Re: Talking about new refrigerators

We have an LG refrig and it is silent.  I am very sensitive to noises so I understand your concern.

Respected Contributor

@juanitalinda   Hope the new refrigerator works well for you.

We have a Samsung French door refrigerator and I really like it but have to admit it makes some strange noises at times....just for a few seconds. Kind of nerve racking. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

My Samsung French door refrigerator is just a year old. I hear when the ice maker fills with water. The ice dropping in the bin sometimes scares me, but overall, it is quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

We have a Lg French door with bottom freezer and it is pretty much silent. No noise at all.

Honored Contributor

Hope the new one is quiet for you. Having one making 'noises' would be very annoying.
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I am so relieved to hear that so many of you don't have loud, whining and whirring sounds with their LG  refrigerator.   

Thanks.