Esteemed Contributor

Tabletop Fire Bowl Presentation

Did anyone happen to see the presentation today of the Garden Reflections Outdoor Tabletop Fire Bowls? I like the concept, but that flame was smoking up the glass like crazy. It almost looked unsafe! Besides having to clean the glass after every use, it sure looks like someone could catch their hair on fire. Also, the lit bowls were send a lot of smoke into the air. Do you think there was too much lamp oil, or whatever they were using? Or, is it a design flaw?

Super Contributor

Re: Tabletop Fire Bowl Presentation

I saw that today. It looked very dangerous! Was it for outdoor only? I didn't watch the entire presentation. How can you use those inside the house?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash Yes, it is definitely outdoor only, But for something on your outdoor table, it still looked a bit out of control. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't see the presentation live, but went to the video after your post @PA Mom-mom .

They should say that it is not safe to operate if it is windy outside. It did appear that there was too much fuelSmiley Surprisedxygen ratio and it didn't have proper inlet regulation. Similar to a bad Bunsen burner from my experience in the chemistry lab! 

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie  Yes, I didn't think about the wind. But, come to think about it, there was quite a breeze going on.