Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV patio rug, did you buy one, or do you have something similar?

I purchased two of these last year when they were a TSV in different sizes. Finally, a patio rug that holds up to the weather and dogs! I purchased one like this years ago from a catalogue and paid so much more for it because I was so desperate to find "something nice" for the front porch. That rug now will be replaced with this TSV. This is the first patio rug that I have purchased that actually lasts more than one year.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 Pagan said:

There are two types of these things. The ones that are mats (thin plastic-y textured things that you can fold and come packaged like that) and the ones that are more like indoor rugs and come rolled up.

In the past, QVC has mostly had the foldable mat type. I ordered one once and for me, it was only fit for outdoors and even then it just looked cheap and creased. I threw it away before long.

The heavier carpet type (like this TSV) are so much better.

If you can find them, the ones (from elsewhere) that look more like sisal are marvelous.

I'm using that type inside the house. I tried real sisal once but I soon found it wasn't compatible with pets!

Cats love to scratch sisal. DH make cat scratching posts and the cats never bothered the furniture again.

Esteemed Contributor

I paid a fortune for my paver patio and deck. Not about to cover them up!

Valued Contributor

On 3/20/2015 mousiegirl said:
On 3/19/2015 Pagan said:

There are two types of these things. The ones that are mats (thin plastic-y textured things that you can fold and come packaged like that) and the ones that are more like indoor rugs and come rolled up.

In the past, QVC has mostly had the foldable mat type. I ordered one once and for me, it was only fit for outdoors and even then it just looked cheap and creased. I threw it away before long.

The heavier carpet type (like this TSV) are so much better.

If you can find them, the ones (from elsewhere) that look more like sisal are marvelous.

I'm using that type inside the house. I tried real sisal once but I soon found it wasn't compatible with pets!

Cats love to scratch sisal. DH make cat scratching posts and the cats never bothered the furniture again.

It was the fur balls that caused me problems!
Honored Contributor

Zulily today is featuring patio rugs but not the plastic mat type.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I thought about it but two sizes, and two colors, both brown...? A bit more choice might have seen me trying one, but these just didn't do it for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Several years ago I got a 3-pc. outdoor area rug set from Home Depot, to use on our wood deck. The largest went under the table, the middle one went in a sitting area, and the small one was used as a door mat. The small one slid easily so that was disappointing. The other two were very nice though, and the price for the set wasn't all that bad considering what was included. Now we have a Unilock patio and and don't put any rugs out there.

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Several years ago I got a 3-pc. outdoor area rug set from Home Depot, to use on our wood deck. The largest went under the table, the middle one went in a sitting area, and the small one was used as a door mat. The small one slid easily so that was disappointing. The other two were very nice though, and the price for the set wasn't all that bad considering what was included. Now we have a Unilock patio and and don't put any rugs out there.

I didn't know what a Unilock patio was, so I looked it up, and Oh MY HEAVENS! Those are just spectacular! If I had a surface that looked like that, I'd never even consider covering it, either.

I have to admit, that in our area, with the hard winters, and lots of freezing and thawing, anything similar I have seen doesn't hold up well over time. I'd love to have something that pretty, but I'd hesitate to invest in it for fear it wouldn't last long. Perhaps that is just another great reason to retire somewhere warm in a few years! Yeah, that's it, retire to a place I can justify a glorious outdoor space like that! Gotta have goals, ya know!

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 mominohio said:
On 3/20/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I didn't know what a Unilock patio was, so I looked it up, and Oh MY HEAVENS! Those are just spectacular! If I had a surface that looked like that, I'd never even consider covering it, either.

I have to admit, that in our area, with the hard winters, and lots of freezing and thawing, anything similar I have seen doesn't hold up well over time. I'd love to have something that pretty, but I'd hesitate to invest in it for fear it wouldn't last long. Perhaps that is just another great reason to retire somewhere warm in a few years! Yeah, that's it, retire to a place I can justify a glorious outdoor space like that! Gotta have goals, ya know!

Thanks. I live in the midwest so it seems we feel every season to the extreme, the same as you. The patio is only a couple of years old, but it's held up great. Ours isn't as elaborate as what you see in the pictures. As a matter of fact, it's pretty basic, but large (24' x 24') with a little pattern in the way the pavers were installed. Then we have a half circle stairway and landing up to the kitchen entry. We do not put any kind of ice melt on it in winter.